Federal 215 primer question?

Rflamm250

Does anyone know what all the purple blobs are on the newer federal 215 primers are? I picked up a case and dumped 40 out in a tray and there is purple crap all over half of them and traces of purple on the others. I got out a box of older 215 s and there is no purple on them at all, just the red like the 210s. The inconsistency of the purple got me worried so I did not load them. Should I have any concern.

I have primers from when Obama first got elected and they are all purple. thank god I bought them then never had to worry even to this day

I have gone through several cases of each..215 and 215M. The regular 215 has always been red and 215M always purple. At least for the 20 years I have been shooting them, and the ones I have bought. I am not sure why your older ones were red. Maybe the were the regular 215s that got boxed incorrectly?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.