Fed215M - For when you need the fire!

My post was simply to let people know that certain primers are much better at handling certain powders and heavy charges than others.
Your post was merely responded to with other experience and notions. It's an objective board, so absolutes rarely pass tests here.
Which then brings the question of your basis to begin. Why do you think 215Ms are much better and CCI 250s worse?

I wasn't bashing your statement Orkan, just stating a fact that the Pressure Trace has backed up now for years. Both magnum and standard Winchester primers in both large and small are hotter than other brands.
I run cases 150+g of powder with Winchester STANDARD primers, not magnums. The powders are Retumbo, H50BMG, US869 and RE33.
All this "use a magnum primer if charges are above 75g" is horse muck. I'm using double that with standard primers with no trouble. Even sub zero C° temps.
The Fed215 was developed for Roy Weatherby because when he was doing low load density charge work up, he was getting hang fires and asked Federal to come up with a primer to stop this. In the end it wasn't necessary as he found the cases he wanted to use and stopped doing low load density charge testing.

Cheers.
X-2