Fed-Ex ;(

load

Fed-Ex

I shipped my barreled action and bolt off to be re-chambered via fed-ex. today I get a e-mail from my gunsmith (a very renowned smith that many use here) stating that my bolt is not in the packaging!!! It was in the box when i dropped it off at fed ex which means my package was opened in between here and there! I'm so ****ed! Fedex tried telling me sence they did not pack it (its against the law for them to pack it) its not there problem further more its a restricted part and will require the action to be returned to savage! GRRRRRRRR I WILL NEVER USE FEDEX AGAIN AND IF THEY CONTINUE TO DISSME I WILL REPORT IT STOLEN AND LET THEM DEAL WITH THE ATF!!!!!!!

Fed-Ex

I shipped my barreled action and bolt off to be re-chambered via fed-ex. today I get a e-mail from my gunsmith (a very renowned smith that many use here) stating that my bolt is not in the packaging!!! It was in the box when i dropped it off at fed ex which means my package was opened in between here and there! I'm so ****ed! Fedex tried telling me sence they did not pack it (its against the law for them to pack it) its not there problem further more its a restricted part and will require the action to be returned to savage! GRRRRRRRR I WILL NEVER USE FEDEX AGAIN AND IF THEY CONTINUE TO DISSME I WILL REPORT IT STOLEN AND LET THEM DEAL WITH THE ATF!!!!!!!

Never ever use FEDEX. UPS or USPS. I've never had a problem.

FedEx "lost" two of my clients shipments last year and just shrugged their shoulders.

I will never use them again.

UPS or USPS all the way now.

Never ever use FEDEX. UPS or USPS. I've never had a problem.

A USPS employee stole an unfired Weatherby 5 panel LazerMark in 460 Wby Mag from me in Raton NM. It was droped off and shipped to me but no record of it ever leaving the PO. I say it went out the back door. You should have been around for that insurance claim... Nightmare.

UPS took a well packaged barrel, muzzle brake and brake wrench and ran over the cardbard tube with a fork lift. Then 1/2 assidly taped it back up leaving the muzzle brake and wrench somewhere. Then they delivered it to LongTimeLong Ranger. I settled with LTLR on a reduced price and went after a claim with Ups. I never got a a dime from them.

You are at their mercy when you ship anything with any of them.

Jeff

Broz is correct, doesn't matter how it's packaged.
When I worked for an archery company we got a bow back that had been run over while in the possession of UPS. Tire tracks and all.
UPS said it wasn't packaged well enough and we could pound sand.

Remember when there used to be good customer service?

Broz taking care of LTLR when the mistake wasn't even his is a testament to his character. Too often now it seems that everyone wants to point the finger elsewhere instead of just doing what is right: taking care of your customer.

i have the weights of the items shipped
6 lbs for a 24" bull barrel with break
2.3# for action with bolt
.5lbs for packing and box

total 8.7# recorded weight at time of shipping 8.7#

weight @ shipping matches manufacturers advertised weights.

weight without the bolt would be a little over 1# less

I hope this helps me. i called fedex and relayed this with the threat of batfe action it seemed to get thier attention (as the bolt is a restricted matched item from savage)

i dont know we'll see

Keep us informed, I'm curious to see how it's handled.

A couple years ago I sold my 1000yd heavy gun 74lbs shipped via ups.
The guy threw the case and split the stock at the grip. He also threw a scope, from what I learned from the buyer they fired that guy because they had to pay for a stock and scope. He was a big anti-gun screwball!

When my brother shipped his ugly factory ruger 77 light weight rifle to Oregon for John Noveske to build a custom 270, the wood stock was cracked. The insurance paid right away and my brother's replacement was a brand new stainless Remington 700, and John credited my brother for the factory stock and barrel and trigger on the 700 towards his new stock and Jewel trigger and PacNor bbl. Shipper was USPS. No problems with claim and it took place quickly.

I am friends with our Postmaster and I know 3 people very well that work at UPS. I hope that would make a difference but it may not. Those people are "high up the ladder."

But FEDEX will never get my business. PERIOD.

thanx nimrod savage had the part listed as restricted but your right they have them for 110$! :)gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.