Fed 215 or 215M Primers in 6.5 Creedmoor

jbs2014

When I was at the range the other day I heard some folks talking about using FED 215 primers in their 6.5 Creedmoor. Is this safe? It sounded too good to be true for me. I only have about 800 FED210s left but I have about 8 thousand FED 215Ms from the same lot and two thousand FED215s.

If this indeed works is it a safe in an AR10?

Thank you

When I was at the range the other day I heard some folks talking about using FED 215 primers in their 6.5 Creedmoor. Is this safe? It sounded too good to be true for me. I only have about 800 FED210s left but I have about 8 thousand FED 215Ms from the same lot and two thousand FED215s.

Thank you

I don't use federal primers but use Cci 450 mag primers in my 6.5 creed. No issues very consistent

I'm not that low yet but am preparing to be there one day Talking to re loaders on other sites the general consensus is to use a grain lower on published min/max and chrono for true results.

Ok well thank you all for the info. This should not have any detrimental effects on an AR10 provided I drop a few grains of powder right?

Ok well thank you all for the info. This should not have any detrimental effects on an AR10 provided I drop a few grains of powder right?
No need to drop to drop a few grains. At the end of the day the burn rate of the powder will make the difference but, I personally would start at the low end of the charge and ladder while using a chrono if substituting primers. You'll be fine, be safe.

Thank you
It's certainly safe assuming the typical "back off your known load and work up" disclaimer... but I cant imagine that ES/SD would be very good with this setup.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.