favorite scope $500-800

Leupold VX-III 4.5x14 A/O first choice. Awesome scope, upgradable, & warranty dept is second to none.
Burris FF-II 4.5X14 X42 A/O , with tac turrets, most rugged scope I know of for the $.

If any of you are in the market for the new Sightrons make sure to check out my site, in stock and great prices. If you want one I don't have listed, just let me know and I can get you a price on it and order it for you. Sightron Scopes Just scroll down from the homepage to see the scopes and other goodies.
Thanks

I'd seriously consider the Super Sniper 10x with HD glass in this price range.

I opted for the nxs 5.5-22x56 over the SWFA 5-20 though. Forthe reputation and zero stops I can live with a 2 FFP reticle.

I had the NXS next to a 10x mark IV a guy at the range had and (especially as the light faded) the NXS was noticeably better to even some of the guys who had never looked through a high end scope. The Mark IV was by no means poor but if the SWFA is anywhere near as good as the leupy then it's a solid buy. Unless you can get the Leupold fo the same price but I haven't seen them at that price point.

Ziess open box deals from Cameraland if you don't need the adjustment range.
Sightron SIII
Leupy
vortex
weaver

I exclude Nikon simply because of their CS. Good scopes, but heaven help ya if you have a problem!

Jon

You really can't beat the Sightron SIII line. They just came out with an MOA model that has target turrets and a great reticle. I sell a bunch of them and I just got in a few more. Check them out here > Long Range Shooting
Lots of other longrange goodies as well.

Check out Sightron scopes. I recently purchase a SIII 6-24x50mm 30mm tube with the MOA reticle from Brian @ shootlong.com. I purchased it for my .308 tactical rifle, and I fell in love immediately after looking through it... The new MOA reticle is awesome, adjustment clicks are awesome, and so is the glass. Excellent for a scope under $800, as good or better than my Leupold VX-III (both of these scopes are high power ranges lol, Leupold 6.5-20x, Sightron 6-24x)!

I have a bushnell elite 4200 3-12x44 on my savage. picked it up for $500.00 closeout. I love this scope this is an exceptional piece of glass for the price.
Bushnell revamped their elite line of riflescopes.
The current production of this scope can be had for $740 new, if i didnt get a deal id pay full price for it easy.

Check out Sightron scopes. I recently purchase a SIII 6-24x50mm 30mm tube with the MOA reticle from Brian @ shootlong.com. I purchased it for my .308 tactical rifle, and I fell in love immediately after looking through it... The new MOA reticle is awesome, adjustment clicks are awesome, and so is the glass. Excellent for a scope under $800, as good or better than my Leupold VX-III (both of these scopes are high power ranges lol, Leupold 6.5-20x, Sightron 6-24x)!

+1 I plan on picking up another. Matter of fact I sold all my Wotacs, nikon, burris, and redfield just to cover the cost of another SIII with new MOA-2 retical :)

For a carry hunting rifle I love the Wever Grandslam

BT

+1 I plan on picking up another. Matter of fact I sold all my Wotacs, nikon, burris, and redfield just to cover the cost of another SIII with new MOA-2 retical :)

For a carry hunting rifle I love the Wever Grandslam

BT

Awesome scope with an awesome reticle! I have one on my .308 Win. tactical LR rifle. The Weavers are a great scope also.

Leuopold M4 are a perfectly adequate scope. Leo fans don't take this as Leo bashing. But you can buy a Bushell Elite for about 2/3 the money> I have a 6-24x50 Elite on a 7mm STW and it has trcaced perfectly.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.