favorite scope $500-800

crittrgittr

This may be a repeat but I'm somewhat new to this forum. Just wondering what some of your favorite scopes are between $500-800. Brands and powers would be appreciated and reasons.

You really can't beat the Sightron SIII line. They just came out with an MOA model that has target turrets and a great reticle. I sell a bunch of them and I just got in a few more. Check them out here > Long Range Shooting
Lots of other longrange goodies as well.

In that price range a used Leupold is where I would spend my money. For $800 you can get a higher end scope in the LR series with a 30mm tube and side focus. If it does not come with target or M1 knobs it can be sent back and have them added for a reasonable price.

I know Leupold does not get tons of love on this site but look at the PICTURES. Many, many, many very respected smiths and shooters using them and for good reason!

Yes, they loose when compared to a NF or S&B but they are a fraction of the cost and tough as nails. At that price point you can't go wrong. Also, go used, lifetime warranty is good for whoever has the scope.

Thanks to all of you. I'm going to keep watching the post and hopefully make the purchase in a month or two.

In that price range a used Leupold is where I would spend my money. For $800 you can get a higher end scope in the LR series with a 30mm tube and side focus. If it does not come with target or M1 knobs it can be sent back and have them added for a reasonable price.

I know Leupold does not get tons of love on this site but look at the PICTURES. Many, many, many very respected smiths and shooters using them and for good reason!

Yes, they loose when compared to a NF or S&B but they are a fraction of the cost and tough as nails. At that price point you can't go wrong. Also, go used, lifetime warranty is good for whoever has the scope.

+1 for the Leupold also! It is a great scope and for the money you can't beat the glass. If you are going to shoot competition, I would suggest N/F or a S/B because the constant moving of the internal parts (windage and elevation adjustments) just won't hold up in the Leupold. But for a hunting scope I don't think you can get much better in your price range.

x1 on the sightron, best bang for your buck in my eyes..just bought one 5 months ago and couldnt find a bad review on them and now that I have mine I see why! Great optics, Great tracking of the turrets.

Sightron SIII for me also. Took mine out west prairie dog hunting this past month and after all the dialing up and down it held zero perfect, not to mention the glass is great too!

I have made more 1K kills with a Leupold V3 LRT 50mm than with my Nightforces. Of course it is easier to find antelope to kill at 1K than elk

Last group of scopes I purchased where the WOTAC's made by Wonder Optics. The scope I choose are the 4 x 14 x50 I use them to well past a 1000 yds. I have 60 year old eyes and they seem to work for me. I have a friends that have some of the high dollar scopes and I really can't tell the difference when looking through them the Nightforce seem to be the worst for me as there is a blue hue around the targets at first figured it was just one target but it was all targets. Matt is good people his goal per him is to make the best scope possible and comparably to the high dollar ones but to keep the price where anybody can buy them.
Here's Matts web site. Wonders Optics, LLC - Wonders Optics Home Page

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.