Favorite powder for 300 win?

Looking to shoot 180 grain pills out of 28" barrel.
Was going to see what the consensus was.
I have two powders I go to on that load H1000 for accuracy and Retumbo for velocity. Have tried them all for many years except some of the new Enduron powders. I'm in Colorado so must have a non-temp sensitive powder. I shoot in climates and altitude from 90 F to -15 F and 4,500 ft to 11,000 ft. Found those two powders to be the most stable and consistent of all of them in those conditions

I use 76gr. of RL26 with barnes 180 ttsx in Browning Long range 300 win mag. One with 1-8 and other 1-10 twist 26" bbls. The 1-10 runs about 3150 after break-in and 1-8 is running about the same and is still speeding up during break-in. Sighted in for 300 yds.

Looks like you have plenty of responses to sort through. I have a 26" barrel and custom chamber with 0.200" of freebore. I opted for RL-26 to take advantage of the temperature insensitivity and anti-copper properties. I am launching a Nosler 180 Accubond at 3240 fps with a stout load that gives me 1/2 groups all day long at 100 yards. I used it in Africa last year and New Zealand this year with great success. Longest shot to date was a Vaal Rehbock at 397 yards. Keep in mind that RL-23 and RL-26 offer temp insensitivity that RL-22 doesn't! Good luck in your search for that perfect load!

I also use H1000 in my 300 win. I use to use IMR 4350 but Switched to H1000 because I was noticing significant velocity difference and different temperature extremes

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.