Favorite platform for hunting hogs?

You seem to be asking about two different things from the thread title and how you want to use it.

So you want a truck/4 wheeler rifle? I think your best option would be a shorter barreled bolt action, say 16" and in a goodly sized caliber such as .308. The reason why I am suggesting a bolt gun is that truck guns tend to end up being a bit neglected and a bolt gun isn't nearly as dependent on proper lubrication or suffering from a dirty action than semi-autos. So it will be more reliable under worse circumstances, which is a good thing. It will also tend to be a less expensive option. With a polymer stock and short barrel, it will tend to be very light and handy as well.
Agree. I would also choose something that has ammo that is relatively easy to find and relatively inexpensive for the kill power and range that I wanted. I would probably get something supressor ready as well. Hogs are a major problem in Texas, though, so I'm a lot less concerned about typical long range hunting concerns than I am with dealing with the quantity.

From an east Texas perspective killing hogs is about economics and volume. We have brush so thick you can't even see 20yds through it, so stopping them in their tracks is very important if you want to have any chance at recovering them. For those two parameters 308 gets the nod with a short light barrel. Close second and much faster for follow up is 7.62x39 but expanding ammo is a little harder to find. My favorite is my browning BLR. Very trim and sleek for in and out of the truck, DBM, rack and pinion rotating bolt head is very reliable and fast, and holds MOA out past 400 if i am rested properly. I also have an ar10 that has remained very reliable through long periods of neglect but it is heavy and a PIA to get in and out of a vehicle. The ar's are designed for a constant ready carry position and just don't work well for quick access from a truck or rack.

Well, no semi autos for Aussies

While I don't own a pump action )only bolts9) f I needed another rifle I would like a Rem 7600 in .308 for the use you describe.
A Rem 7600 in 308 would be perfect in my book. Very fast repeater and not finicky about care or ammo. Prices for them, and especially the police & carbine versions have been crazy lately. The ATI collapsible butt stock works with the 7600 and makes it pretty compact for vehicle entry and exit even with a standard barrel. Where I am riding, around with a loaded rifle is a No No, so the 4 round mag is a quick loader. Add a fast action sight of your choice and you are all set. Mine is in 30-06 (hogs were not part of that build) but today, I would quickly buy another one in 308 that was reasonably priced.

This is my truck/backup rig when driving through the woods to stands or just checking areas out. It is all one of my CC. Fast access weather in vehicle or carry. My Main Hog/Coyote if a RRA Fred Eichler 223 with D760 NV.

Attachments

• SBR Supressed.jpg
    SBR Supressed.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 92
  • SBR.jpg
    SBR.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 80
I use an AR with a 20" barrel in 6.5 Grendel with a 123 grain Hornady SST at about 2550 fps. One shot between the ear and the base of the neck and it's lights out. I have night vision and a regular scope, both on quick change one piece mounts.

While I own a 6.5 Grendel upper but have not used them on hogs yet but for the hogs I have killed I use an ar15 and I use 52 gr Hammer Hunters and hogs don't stand a chance.
Always complete pass through and enough damage to put hogs on the ground.Of the 9 I shot a couple of years ago I did not chase any.1 went about 15 feet.

While I own a 6.5 Grendel upper but have not used them on hogs yet but for the hogs I have killed I use an ar15 and I use 52 gr Hammer Hunters and hogs don't stand a chance.
Always complete pass through and enough damage to put hogs on the ground.Of the 9 I shot a couple of years ago I did not chase any.1 went about 15 feet.
Intriguing. I stopped using .223/5.56 55gr and later 77gr back in 03'. Sometimes they would DRT, but a .308 seemed to anchor them better regardless type of bullet. 168 Amax is my fav for .308 hogs. Under 300yds.

My favorite truck gun is the M4 I built with Colt 1-9" barrel. I've only shot one pig and that was with my trusty 30-06 using my handloaded 180gr Speer MagTip.

Yeah, if you re trying to shoot just one! Bust into a pack of 40 hogs and the hot lead, snot, and squeals are everywhere! (Vermin reduction) Actually hunting an animal I agree with calm clean kills.
All the group of hogs that came in to eat were usually lead by the "Mother" hog or a LEADER. I always shoot that one first, then, if you are lucky the others just look around wondering what happened. You can probably then get another good shoot or two before they bust!