Favorite piece?

Wildcat99

I don't go anywhere without my Duckworth wool t-shirt. I think it is called the Vapor Tee. It is the bomb. It keeps me warm in the cold, stays cool in the summer, and can go a long time without get smelly. The thing is like magic. I also like their boxers made out of the same stuff. What other awesome layers do you swear by?

It's tough to put my finger on just one! I've used and abused my Sitka 90's jackets for years. Sitka/Kuiu raingear is tough to beat. Crispi boots. Polar fleece neck gator. Polarfleece vest is great used as a quiet outer or inner when cold. Cabelas thicker microtex shirts wear like iron and dry quickly....price is also right! On any given day in the fall I have access to all of them.

Plus 1 for Kuiu zip off merino base layer
Also really love the Talus Hybrid pant, wore them every day on a Kodiak goat hunt, a ND pheasant hunt, and Bou fall and winter hunts
Take Care

A lot of guys tend to overlook a quiet cloth vest. It can be worn as insulation layer or an outer. Saves a little weight and bulk vs a jacket.

I hardly leave home without a neck gator. In the summer a neck gator is great against intense sun and in the fall/winter for added warmth.

Salomon Speedcross GTX Trail Running Shoe. Obviously not a winter boot, but it always makes the trips. Close second would be infrared UA base layer.

I had to look twice at the title though. Just saying it could apply to a LOT of things. I was thinking my S&W 686+ .357 but guess I will go with flow and say Cabelas many years ago had a base layer set that came in us normal sizes so I have 3XLT shirt and 2XLT bottoms that seem to be perfect for midweight needs for me. Or maybe because they just fit so well?

Kenetrek Mountain Extreme NI. Got them a year ago and find myself wearing them on weekends just out and about when there is wet or snowy weather. Much more comfortable than snow boots, and with wool socks keep my feet good and warm.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.