Favorite lightweight hunting boots

My feet require a perfect fit and although not high dollar, I go with Herman Survivors. I rarely find a boot with a wide enough footbox and they have been plenty tough and waterproof.

I've used and abused Lowas, Scarpas, and Crispis. It's nice having several pairs to choose from for each particular hunt. I work out in the field year-round here in Colorado. My preference is non-insulated even in the winter. I buy my boots 1 size larger so I have room for thicker/padded insoles plus a little heavier socks when super cold. If warm I merely cinch the laces.

Crispis are my favorite boots. They offer a large selection of models. All leather are a bit heavier but always seem to outlast synthetic boots. Synthetics generally have more seams that tend to come apart when wet or when rubbed on rocks. Synthetics are lighter weight plus breath better in hot conditions so there is a trade-off. My preference is lower rather than tall boots. Tall boots are super stiff, heavier, and a lot tougher to stalk quietly. I do quite a bit of sheep and mtn goat hunting in steep, rocky terrain and still prefer shorter boots. Obviously some guys need the extra ankle support but not me. Having stiff soles is essential for biting in on that type of terrain.

I switch to Lowa Tibets when there is lots of snow. I've never had wet feet and they are very comfortable. Both Lowas and Crisipis come in different widths. Unfortunately Scarpas tend to be fairly narrow so I've switched away from them the past few years because I prefer wider widths.

Mine are 10.5 I think they are fairly lite. My wife wore them and she never said anything about them being heavy.

I ran Solomon Quest 4D GTXs all summer and archery elk. Couldn't be happier
I loved these boots but they gave me about 6 mos of use before virtually falling apart. Asolo fit me funny with a very flat arch. La Sportivas we're extremely narrow. Scarpa zodiacs have had two good mountain hunting seasons and two summers of training but look and feel brand new, along with still keeping my feet dry.

I loved these boots but they gave me about 6 mos of use before virtually falling apart. Asolo fit me funny with a very flat arch. La Sportivas we're extremely narrow. Scarpa zodiacs have had two good mountain hunting seasons and two summers of training but look and feel brand new, along with still keeping my feet dry.
Yeah I beat the tar out of mine this year and they show no sign of failure. They are cheaper than most of the high end boots so even if I have to buy a pair every 2 or 3 years I'd be happy.

I wore out a couple Scarpa Kaliash (spelling?). They were great boots but too narrow for my feet. I've had great luck since that time with Crispis.

Curious, but did you wearing them out hiking and hunting or working in them as well? Say one concrete?

Personally I absolutely love my Salmomen's and am on my 3rd or 4th season with them.

I started wearing Meindl's back in 07. Hard to beat them. I have a narrow foot and need to try on boots in a store. Been reluctant to order any except for Danners which I only buy the ones made in USA.

Similar to LRP I really like my Wyo's. I've hammered them year round and they are holding up very well. I just bought a pair of the newer model Crispi Thors. They are very similar to the Wyos but a tad bit lighter. I think I'm going to like the Thors even better!

Recent Posts