Favorite Hunting clothing brand advice!!!

I would like to know also. Looking for some insulated gloves that aren't too bulky. Wind proof and maybe water resistant would be a plus. Anyone have suggestions on what brand to look at? Thanks for any input
Don't overlook ski gear for gloves. Usually top notch materials and probably going on sale here with Spring coming on the calendar anyway.

what did you decide?

i too am a big guy 6'2 275.
we started with Cabellas gortex gear till they leaked, gortex just desintegrated , zippers broke, tore etc.We called them animal skins.

i been buying Kuiu since before 2015, as my orders go back on their site.
started with marino wool base layers(yes,i still wear them!l)
went to mid layers, favorite are their base camp fleece , then to jackets. Kutana soft shell rocks!
I just ordered a Kutana Gale Force 3x. for a step up from their super down pro.

Isn't Sitka "old Kuiu" designed by the same person who came out with a better line called Kuiu then sold to Sitks to Gortex!?

Kuiu all the way for me! Yes, they are pricey but i never had a piece i didn't like except for their socks. (no, i dont work for Kuiu either lol.)

i even buy their gloves! if there is something out there "better" i sure would like to know about it?
I haven't really decided yet. Waiting for some Forloh stuff to be in stock. I do however really like how First Lite fits. I'm 6' and 270 at the moment with broad shoulders and long torso. I bought the XXL sweatshirt from them and it fits like a glove. I'd really like to support American made though. I just can't bear paying 3-400.00 for a jacket made in China. Just frustrating.

It's nice they give veteran/Leo/first responder discounts but not all can qualify for that. Forloh and Origin give the same discount too. I can't give up my Crispi's though. I cannot believe how light and comfy they are! Still have my dancers too! I'll update soon again.

Don't overlook ski gear for gloves. Usually top notch materials and probably going on sale here with Spring coming on the calendar anyway.
Thing I don't like about my snow gear is how stiff it is. When you get into the lighter gear you have to wear an under glove for warmth. Sitka does make a dang nice pair of gloves!

I haven't really decided yet. Waiting for some Forloh stuff to be in stock. I do however really like how First Lite fits. I'm 6' and 270 at the moment with broad shoulders and long torso. I bought the XXL sweatshirt from them and it fits like a glove. I'd really like to support American made though. I just can't bear paying 3-400.00 for a jacket made in China. Just frustrating.

It's nice they give veteran/Leo/first responder discounts but not all can qualify for that. Forloh and Origin give the same discount too. I can't give up my Crispi's though. I cannot believe how light and comfy they are! Still have my dancers too! I'll update soon again.
i just added a bookmark for first light.

I'm moving to more Made in USA stuff. I have some Origin now, Blackstone also, and really like it. I will be getting more Origin, I feel better supporting fellow Americans as they make quality goods. Darn Tough for socks for me now, I've tried almost everything and keep coming back to them.

I have a lot of Kifaru packs too, bomb proof. EXO is great also.

For foreign made stuff, I like some KUIU but even the 3X is barely broad enough in the shoulders. I love the Attack pant material, but the pocket layout is beyond frustrating...I won't get anymore... I have some Canis, it's been impressing me so far, very well thought out. We are fortunate to be living in such times, where excellent gear is plentiful.
I'm trying to put my money where my mouth is. I don't have any camo from Origin yet but I bought hoodies and jeans for my family before Christmas. Their clothing is outstanding and 100% sourced and made here "from dirt to shirt". They will have my first look when new hunting clothes are needed.

I would like to know also. Looking for some insulated gloves that aren't too bulky. Wind proof and maybe water resistant would be a plus. Anyone have suggestions on what brand to look at? Thanks for any input

Kryptek makes some fantastic gloves which are hugely underrated. This is one area where I think Kuiu struggles as their merino gloves didn't last, I found the guide gloves to be useless, and the Axis gloves to be a decent balance of warmth and dexterity. None of them compare fit wise to Kryptek though. Their hand model must be my twin lol.

Outdoor Research makes a lot of great glove variations to cover just about any outdoor need. They may have something that suits you. They used to stand behind their stuff almost unconditionally but I don't know if that's still the case. So many companies have abandoned their warranties of old.

Kryptek makes some fantastic gloves which are hugely underrated. This is one area where I think Kuiu struggles as their merino gloves didn't last, I found the guide gloves to be useless, and the Axis gloves to be a decent balance of warmth and dexterity. None of them compare fit wise to Kryptek though. Their hand model must be my twin lol.

Outdoor Research makes a lot of great glove variations to cover just about any outdoor need. They may have something that suits you. They used to stand behind their stuff almost unconditionally but I don't know if that's still the case. So many companies have abandoned their warranties of old.
Thanks. I will check both of them out.
I hate ordering gloves online since you really won't know if they fit until you try them on but it's about the only way to get decent apparel.

Not sure you are still reading all these, but there is some great advice out there. I am just throwing in a plug for Canis Athlete - love their camo pattern and extremely high quality fabrics and construction. I combine CA with Kuiu and Sitka for clothing and am Hill People Gear all the way for packs.

Not sure you are still reading all these, but there is some great advice out there. I am just throwing in a plug for Canis Athlete - love their camo pattern and extremely high quality fabrics and construction. I combine CA with Kuiu and Sitka for clothing and am Hill People Gear all the way for packs.
Still watching and waiting for a couple of items to get back in stock from companies like Forloh. Thank you all for keeping this thread alive and all of us seeking in the know!!

Good afternoon all!

So in my quest to find new hunting clothes, purchasing a few different brands, being in sticker shock of some I have finally come down to making a final decision. I have bought the spectrum of gear. Kuiu is really nice gear, fits well but just didn't sell me. Sitka is awesome gear, light, camo pattern is compatible with most situations, fit is alright. Seems hit or miss on pants and jackets. Price is not where I believe makes it worth it. Forloh is incredible gear, fit is great and made in USA. The camo patterns are kind of discouraging for me. If they'd have a cammie pattern similar to others and my sizes in stock I'd be all over it. WURU merlino is hard to beat. I have yet to be able to do "real world situation" testing but am excited too! Which brings me to First lite gear.

First, I am still a big guy. 6' 0" tall. 271LBS (at the moment), 40" waist and 30" inseam, 48" chest and huge legs. (been legs since I was a kid) The size of my thighs and calves make it difficult to find pants! I started on the first lite journey with the help of other members here and a few hunting buddies. Bought the Kiln sweatshirt and it fit like a glove! (XXL) Wore it around for a few outings and I was impressed. Fits closer to the body, bucks the wind, maintains and regulates body temps so I was intrigued. Last week I ordered the Obsidian merlino pant in XL. They fit almost perfect. Snug on my legs but fit my waist perfect and they stretch! They are the lighter (early to mid season) pant. I plan on taking them to Montana in a few weeks for a scouting trip with my buddy. So far just wearing them around the house they are really comfortable. Not baggy, not wrangler tight kind of just right! I would suggest sizing up ine if you are planning on layering. Since these will be warmer weather pants I am ok with a snug fit.

Depending on how it goes in Montucky, I plan on adding their catalyst pants, jacket and furnace hoody. I figured I would give y'all an update. Hoping to put some miles on them and break in my new pack too! My new rifle won't be done for another 2 months but man, this is fun! BTW, I am not a paid spokesman or sponsored. Just a big guy trying to find his happy pants! It's been a little spendy and my brother has benefited quite a bit along with a new hunter I met at work! I will keep you updated on how goes it. Thanks again for all the help! I do plan on taking some of my Sitka and Kuiu gear along too. I just can't justify the cost of Sitka. Hope this helps others out in their quest for the perfect gear.

Good afternoon all!

So in my quest to find new hunting clothes, purchasing a few different brands, being in sticker shock of some I have finally come down to making a final decision. I have bought the spectrum of gear. Kuiu is really nice gear, fits well but just didn't sell me. Sitka is awesome gear, light, camo pattern is compatible with most situations, fit is alright. Seems hit or miss on pants and jackets. Price is not where I believe makes it worth it. Forloh is incredible gear, fit is great and made in USA. The camo patterns are kind of discouraging for me. If they'd have a cammie pattern similar to others and my sizes in stock I'd be all over it. WURU merlino is hard to beat. I have yet to be able to do "real world situation" testing but am excited too! Which brings me to First lite gear.

First, I am still a big guy. 6' 0" tall. 271LBS (at the moment), 40" waist and 30" inseam, 48" chest and huge legs. (been legs since I was a kid) The size of my thighs and calves make it difficult to find pants! I started on the first lite journey with the help of other members here and a few hunting buddies. Bought the Kiln sweatshirt and it fit like a glove! (XXL) Wore it around for a few outings and I was impressed. Fits closer to the body, bucks the wind, maintains and regulates body temps so I was intrigued. Last week I ordered the Obsidian merlino pant in XL. They fit almost perfect. Snug on my legs but fit my waist perfect and they stretch! They are the lighter (early to mid season) pant. I plan on taking them to Montana in a few weeks for a scouting trip with my buddy. So far just wearing them around the house they are really comfortable. Not baggy, not wrangler tight kind of just right! I would suggest sizing up ine if you are planning on layering. Since these will be warmer weather pants I am ok with a snug fit.

Depending on how it goes in Montucky, I plan on adding their catalyst pants, jacket and furnace hoody. I figured I would give y'all an update. Hoping to put some miles on them and break in my new pack too! My new rifle won't be done for another 2 months but man, this is fun! BTW, I am not a paid spokesman or sponsored. Just a big guy trying to find his happy pants! It's been a little spendy and my brother has benefited quite a bit along with a new hunter I met at work! I will keep you updated on how goes it. Thanks again for all the help! I do plan on taking some of my Sitka and Kuiu gear along too. I just can't justify the cost of Sitka. Hope this helps others out in their quest for the perfect gear.
I'm a little dude and first light works for me. Seems like they've done a good job fitting a wide range of people. My wife loved her clothing too. She's also pretty small. I like the athletic cut, not sure I'm cut like that any more tho, ha ha

I have Sitka and Badlands, I'm really liking my Badlands a lot as I just started wearing it last year. I bought the Ion-x pants along with the stealth cool touch hoodie for early season and the Pyre set for late season. The Pyre jacket is so warm that I only need a single lightweight top under it

Good afternoon all!

IMO: Agree with your perspectives on First Lite. I am a Kuiu fan for warm to mid-autumn hunts. Hairston, best-known for Kuiu led the way on making performance athletic-based hunting gear, first at Sitka and then at Kuiu. I have hunted from BC to New Mexico in Kuiu from August through early November and been warm and dry. First Lite has been coming on strong with their line of hunting gear, both in quality and price point which equates to value. My perspective is Sitka still has the edge for really cold weather archery sits. As an aside, 5'8" and 155 pounds, so athletic cut works.