Favorite Gunsmith

I build custom rifles, my back log of work usually runs 6 months to a year out. Usually I quit taking in new work by March of every year. I continue to taking in my existing customers work throughout the year. I know Dan Glover personally as we live about 10 miles from each other. When I quit taking in new work, Dan is one of the gunsmiths that I refer potential customers to. Today, if I were going to have a rifle built by anyone other than myself I would most likely ask Dan to build it for me. Dan and I have several customers who have both of us to build rifles for them. Our customers are serious about their rifles and their shooting. They are the kind of customers gunsmiths look forward to building rifles for.
Nat Lambeth

I build custom rifles, my back log of work usually runs 6 months to a year out. Usually I quit taking in new work by March of every year. I continue to taking in my existing customers work throughout the year. I know Dan Glover personally as we live about 10 miles from each other. When I quit taking in new work, Dan is one of the gunsmiths that I refer potential customers to. Today, if I were going to have a rifle built by anyone other than myself I would most likely ask Dan to build it for me. Dan and I have several customers who have both of us to build rifles for them. Our customers are serious about their rifles and their shooting. They are the kind of customers gunsmiths look forward to building rifles for.
Nat Lambeth

I've never met Nat, but I have stocked a rifle for one of his customers.. I can tell you that his customer was extremely happy with the work that Nat did. My impression upon visual inspection of the metal work is that Nat is an "attention to detail guy"..
So, if he recommends a guy, that's a strong referral..
The rilfe turned out to be a hammer.. The Crow rifle...

I have personally met Dan Glover.. I stocked a bunch of his customer's rifles, and a few of his personal rifles. Dan would stop at the house to visit on his monthly business trip up this way. Dan is an "attention to detail guy"... and a site supporter..

Thanks for all the kind words. It's always good to here that kind of news from customers and especially from peers in the industry. There is a reason to sponsor on a site besides looking for work. In the beginning that was a big part of it. I continue to sponsor because I believe it is always important to give back. Like Joel stated without sponsors the site would not be able to stay alive. There is a lot of good info found on this site. If you run into a problem you have a place to go to ask for help. Even if you don't know people like Joel Russo and Nat personally they are always willing to try to give an honest opinion to try to help. People with this experience that are willing to help are very valuable to the industry. Like Joel stated there is a reason to try to use sponsor's of this or any other site. Support the shooting industry. Thanks Dan

Thanks for all the kind words. It's always good to here that kind of news from customers and especially from peers in the industry. There is a reason to sponsor on a site besides looking for work. In the beginning that was a big part of it. I continue to sponsor because I believe it is always important to give back. Like Joel stated without sponsors the site would not be able to stay alive. There is a lot of good info found on this site. If you run into a problem you have a place to go to ask for help. Even if you don't know people like Joel Russo and Nat personally they are always willing to try to give an honest opinion to try to help. People with this experience that are willing to help are very valuable to the industry. Like Joel stated there is a reason to try to use sponsor's of this or any other site. Support the shooting industry. Thanks Dan

Very well said!

Attachments

• Like_zps00ba1bd0.jpg
    Like_zps00ba1bd0.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 82
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts