Favorite gun and cartridge for hogs?

the ham'r is definitely one of the hi velocity, hi capacity hog killing rounds in the ar15 lineup.

Work with what you got, unless you plan to make a purchase.
If you're buying I'd go for something with the biggest heaviest fastest round you're comfortable shooting, with an action that will allow for a quick follow up shot.

Its fairly substantial, but I'm not usually hunting at night. Stopping as sundown is completed. I usually don't notice the noise when hunting, when zeroing or range shooting yes. I've got so many hogs I can almost walk one up about anytime. I've counted more than 60 before in the pasture in the afternoon. You can usually slide up to about 200 to 250 from them. Or you can go walking in the woods.

What is your favorite rifle and cartridge (including bullet, weight and type) for hog hunting?

I tried looking through the older posts but didn't see this asked or really answered in the different threads.

500 SW Mag. 350 grain HP.

Short to mid range: Core Elite Ops AR15 - 6.8 spc 110 grain Ser Pro Hunter. Omega can.

Any range 300um Surgeon, 210 SMKs Thunderbeast 338 Titanium Suppressor.

for fun: 50bmg or 375Ceytac

Attachments

• B814522B-559C-4E93-8FB6-8FDD105254A2.jpeg
    B814522B-559C-4E93-8FB6-8FDD105254A2.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 108
  • FE800EB8-5FDD-4CB2-92E5-5B4FE24B4CE1.jpeg
    FE800EB8-5FDD-4CB2-92E5-5B4FE24B4CE1.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I have a niece, tiny little thing 5'1'' 90# dripping wet. I have a Remington 700 BDL barreled in 17 Remington. The barrel is just about burned out and I have been thinking of re barreling it in the 350 Legend. Easy change, just a barrel and probably a new scope. She lives in Texas so I wanted something she could use for deer and hogs down there. What do think about this set up for a tiny person.

I have a niece, tiny little thing 5'1'' 90# dripping wet. I have a Remington 700 BDL barreled in 17 Remington. The barrel is just about burned out and I have been thinking of re barreling it in the 350 Legend. Easy change, just a barrel and probably a new scope. She lives in Texas so I wanted something she could use for deer and hogs down there. What do think about this set up for a tiny person.

6.5G would would probably be better. Not sure how recoil sensitive she is.

E
Everybody up here in the north love the cartridge. I haven't touched it yet but it looks good on paper. Plenty enough for hogs and deer in Texas within reasonable ranges.

Sounds !like a great idea as long as the shooting range is moderate. Don't forget to put a good kick-eez pad on it. Small round and good pad,should be a great combo. I don't have any personal experience with the legend yet.

I'm with 300w on this. 6.5 Grendel it pretty sweet with no recoil to speak...I own 4 of them and seriously thinking about adding bolt gun to the heard. :confused::cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.