Favorite 6.5-06 bullet & load

I would be very very cautious taking '6.5/06' off the web, especially if you don't know the specifics of the chamber. 6.5/06 published data is conservative because there are literally dozens and dozens of variants out there. Chamber neck diameter makes a difference and can significantly increase pressure.
One of my first '6.5/06' had a very tight .293" neck that required neck reaming to even chamber a round. Not my best idea ever, but it was a fun experiment... I ran H4831sc in it, 49.3g with a 142 SMK went 3,040 over the magnetospeed from MY rifle (49.5g produced a difficult bolt lift) The same 49.3g round fired from my good friends '6.5/06' went 2,890fps. His rifle, a '6.5/06' that has a .303" or .305" ( I can't remember for certain which ) chamber that allows him to neck down .30/06 brass without any further preparation. His rifle used quite a bit more H4831sc than published anyplace to get to even 2,950fps and Both rifles shared 26" barrels, just slightly different reamer designs...
Be very careful with where you take your information from and start with the starting load. It maybe pretty close to YOUR rifles max and test over a chronograph as it may produce more velocity than you think it will.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.