6.5-300 WBY

remingtonman_25_06

What's the general thoughts here on the 6.5-300 WBY for a LR antelope/deer rifle? Contemplating a vanguard S2 to add to the collection. Bullet of choice would be the 140g+ ELDMs. Think it would go 1000 rounds if you didnt get it hot? I have a 240 WBY, 7/08, 280 Rem, and a 7-300 Win Mag already, so it's not like I need it, but I kinda like it.

I am in the same Boat LOL. I just purchased a 6.5x300 Vangard. WOW am i impressed. Shoots A 127 grain Barnes FLAT at 300yds. Still breaking in the Barrel and working on the perfect loads but it is FUN

Build your own. The factory barrels are all too short. I am getting 3700 w/30" bbl w/LRX. dead on big game to 400.

What Powder are Ya'll Using ? I have been using us869 with pretty good results. Would like to try RL-26 and Retumbo but they cant be found

RL33 is a tad slower than Retumbo from what I'm gathering. I'd start on the low end of Retumbo and work up carefully...It topped out pressure wise pretty quick in my 7-300 Win Mag with 180g ELDMs. Only gave me 50fps over H1000.

Screenshot_20201021-103055_Drive.jpg

RL33 is a tad slower than Retumbo from what I'm gathering. I'd start on the low end of Retumbo and work up carefully...It topped out pressure wise pretty quick in my 7-300 Win Mag with 180g ELDMs. Only gave me 50fps over H1000.
Thanks for the info. I am OLD and not smart enough to think of these things.. i see that imr8133 is very close to the same Burn rate maybe i will use the Data on it also. BTW Love your Handle 2506 is one of my favorites.

I would get a 28" Bartlein after I shot the factory barrel out, which probably wouldnt take to long...How does your vanguard shoot?
Still in the Beginning Stages but so far i am very impressed with the Vangard. What you buy when OLD and on a Fixed income. Would rather have a Mark 5 LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.