supporter fiction v facts: Ruger v Tikka

And to address the barrel issue ... Sako/Tikka Have had an accuracy guarantee for decades. 3 shots sub moa for Tikka, 5 shots for Sako, at 100 yards. If it doesn't meet their standards they melt the barrel. Mine are all shooting bug holes ....

Didn't you solicit others opinions?? And now you don't like what you are hearing so you puff up on us huh. Well get the RPR. Just don't be all flustered when someone out shoots ya with a Tikka. 🤠
I'm not the one getting miffed. And if I make a poor decision, that's on me. I'm simply saying that a lot of the commentary thus far has come from Tikka supporters. There's simply no counterbalance.

But I may be expecting too much.

Last edited:
I'm not the one getting miffed. And if I make a poor decision, that's on me. I'm simply saying that a lot of the commentary thus far has come from Tikka supporters. There's simply no counterbalance.

Then maybe tikka is better?

🤷‍♂️

Then maybe tikka is better?

🤷‍♂️
That may well be true. I'm certainly not disputing that off hand. But I would like to see more of the opposing argument and yes, I have no doubt a persuasive opposing argument could be made.

That may well be true. I'm certainly not disputing that off hand. But I would like to see more of the opposing argument and yes, I have no doubt a persuasive opposing argument could be made.
I just don't understand, I own both, as others who have shared their opinions, it's not supporters it's just shared results. Buy both and prove the ruger is better

How would you define supporters?

I assume I'm the "loud mouth" that hurt your feelings?

Sorry if someone challenging your supporter rifle upsets you. Well, actually I'm not sorry.
Did you stop to consider that maybe the reason nearly all SAKO and Tikka owners are satisfied is their stellar quality control? If sako sells half as many rifles as Ruger then Ruger is twice as likely to put out duds? Manufacturing at its simplest. Combine that with the American trend that it's easier to sell 10,000 $500 rifles than 1,000 $1500 rifles and the reason sako and tikka are a cut above is obvious. As to your quote that ruger uses cold hammer forged barrels... you know who else does? Sako.

You're going to buy what you're going to buy. Go get an RPR and a Tikka and shoot both if you're that determined to go against the grain. As to hurting my feelings, I'll continue getting up and arresting meth heads and rapists and murderers. Nothing anybody says to me over the internet can shake me... but I suppose it's cute that you think you can rattle someone with thumbs of fury.

Gentlemen, I have been beaten into submission! I surrender! I accept the Tikka (and of course SAKO) as superior to Ruger in every form, fashion, and function. Had Ruger been given a 1,000 years, they could not have done half so well. Let us all hail in unison our unquestioned loyalty to TIKKA!!!

Last edited:
Ruger Precision Gen 3 Bolt-Action Rifle
vs
Tikka T3x TAC A1 Bolt-Action Rifle​

I've been reading a lot about these 2 and really approach neither with bias. The online forums definitely favor the Tikka. But I'm really getting nothing more than opinions:

But as always the truth is more complex than supporters would have you believe. So, with some measure of trepidation, I ask:
Does one far outstrip the other? I've never actual seen any data to back up these opinions. But they are asserted with absolute certainty. Is there actual data that gives one the advantage over the other?
vs

I've been reading a lot about these 2 and really approach neither with bias. The online forums definitely favor the Tikka. But I'm really getting nothing more than opinions:

But as always the truth is more complex than supporters would have you believe. So, with some measure of trepidation, I ask:
Does one far outstrip the other? I've never actual seen any data to back up these opinions. But they are asserted with absolute certainty. Is there actual data that gives one the advantage over the other?
vs

vs

I have a Tikka T3X Tac A1 in 6.5CM. One of the BEST rifles I've ever bought. The only sore spot about the weapon was the magazine as has been mentioned already by others. It is such an impressive weapon that my son and a friend of mine both had to have one also. We all have those rifles in 6.5CM, all topped by Leupold MK5 5x25x56 w/Horus H59 or Tremor3 reticles, all using SILENCERCO Hybrid46 suppressors. All 3 rifles shoot almost identical. Using my handloaded ammunition (140 Berger ), we all fired 3 rounds using different POAs on the same target face at 200yds off a bench with a bit of gusty winds. Groups were .732", .582" & .377" (Tried to post a target pic but kept getting error problems). My son and I attended a LR shooting school with a fellow who had the Ruger rifle. Truly a nice rifle but even he agreed the Tikkas were in another class. So here is another opinion for you to dwell upon. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 9565CE70-C2CE-4E72-BBF1-E9C285B74AC9.jpeg
    9565CE70-C2CE-4E72-BBF1-E9C285B74AC9.jpeg
    13 KB · Views: 147
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.