Fall bear down!

Tikkamike

Today fall bear opened up so dad and I headed up to the bear bait. We got there around 4 pm. At 7pm on the dot we caught a glimpse of a bear above the bait headed straight for the barrel. He was a waddler and i thought he was bigger than he really was. Turned out he is smaller than we thought. But it was an awesome night. We got it on video. He is a nice chocolate color with a big white patch on his chest. You cant tell what color he really is in the pic. The video will be posted when the next Team 3 Ball video comes out this winter.

2012-09-01_19-23-40_751.jpg

That's pretty hard to beat right there. Well done Mike, must have been a great experience to share with your dad. What was his choice of rifle/bullet?

Rug mount or full body?

t

300wby with 180ttsx. The bear measures right at 5 foot. He is going to have a full body mount and put it laying on the log rafters in his house. Itll be the 4th full body bear mount in his house counting mine.

Well done. How far was the shot and are you going to try to get another bear off it or are you only aloud one bear a year.

its 173 yards exactly to the barrel from our shooting position. You are allowed 1 bear per calendar year. So Dad and I are done for the year. Spring is coming though!

That's pretty Sweet Mike!!

I'd tell "Giant Santa Clause" to make it into a vest, & chaps (hair on concourse) for cruisin on his Harley:D
Hahahahaha:D
Tell him congrats for me!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.