Falcon Optics or Other?

stonesmokey

This question was asked about 6 months ago and the question of "which scope is good" never seems to rests. I am considering the 4.5x18x56 Menace by Falcon Optics.

They gave high reviews on Sniper Central but they also sell the scope too, anyone know anything about these that might not be biased. I am in the market for a quality scope in the 400 price range.

I would love to buy a Mark 4 but just can't spend that much on one right now. Night Force is first preference but again the problem is compounded there.

Considered Super Sniper but I don't think I would be happy with fixed magnification, so that eliminates the Elite 3200. I have fancied the Monarch but are unsure of their quality especially compared to something less popular such as the Menace. The application is a Browning 7mm WSM, pillar bedded in Richards Microfit Stock for hunting both carry and long range work. This is my first rifle build so it will be a work in progress. I may re-barrel and chamber something else if this doesn't work. I will have to see how the rifle shoots before running it out to distance. Any help/advise is welcome and appreciated.
Thank you, Stoney

I agree with you "B". I am certain that the scope will out last the rifle, as the 7 wsm has been somewhat of a disappointment. I may sell the rifle later, from what I've gathered its popularity is just shy of non-existent and brass may become scarce. That said I don't mind paying for a scope that may not be limited to the WSM, I just want something worth keeping for many years to come that has well rounded magnification (4.5 to 20), target turrets, and mil-dot reticule with ample MOA adjustment. A VX-III is considerable but can one be ordered/found or modified to include all these characteristics.

I don't know what can be changed on scopes for example reticules or target turrets. I know there are accessories that convert the hunter turrets to target turrets. Are they as good as manufacture's turrets?

Thanks

stonesmokey,

A mil dot reticle or for that matter any specifically graduated stadia, in the second focal plane, is a real PITA. IMHO!

It may well necessitate one more thing to think of or worse, remember at the time of the shot. I don't seem to be able to handle those kinds of things at that specific moment.:(

Thanks, guys.

I hope to get the rifle together over the Christmas Holiday. I will post some pics of it when it is ready. Hope to get in some hunting too. I actually need two scopes so I may try the Menace and vxIII. All depends on the bonuses this year.

If so I will give feedback on it.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.