Fake Nightforce??????

Have a chance to buy a 7x35x56. ACATAR F1...model C569. Guy will meet in person. Ya'all ever hear of a fake nightforce before I make a drive? Should weigh a ton, and the glass alone should give it away or not, but thought I'd ask. Wants $1500...

Any thoughts appreciated.
Get a pic of the package with barcode, the folks at NF will most likely want that for verification. Friend of mine owns a pawn/gun store and verifies all optics with manufacturer before consideration, Swarovski asks for that information.

at a large gun show i sat up at had a vendor was selling all major brands of scopes at very low prices in sealed packages. he sold one to a man who came back sunday and claimed the scope was a fake and after looking it over the manager of the show said give the man his money back and either mark them a repo,s or leave the show. they did look good enough to fool a novice.

If you buy it, either take or have a friend take photos of the vehicle he shows up in as well as photos of the seller. This should help you in the future should you need help identifying the person. Good luck, sounds like a great deal!

Dude either HOT most likely. Check the serial number. Also just in public is not enough these days especially if driving to an area where you are not a local with $1500.00 + cash on you. RICK said it correct police station and doni't approach until others are present in the area. Again could be a great deal or really does not know what he has or has issues bent tube or something much can be fixed by sending back into NightForce. Clear the serial number with NightForce. Remember no one gets robbed in a parking lot.😉

Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 F1 ZeroStop .250 MOA Illum PTL MOAR C569

It's a $3,600.00 scope NEW. Can't see how he is selling for $2,100.00 less. It is either a deal of the century or a scam.
Vegas 777, don't know if you were able to find out more information on the scope. My post was was jus that - my opinion. Ask a lot of questions. It actually would be the deal of the century, but has been listed and a deal like this would go in SECONDS on the net.
Just wanted to say be CAREFULL and I hope that this seller is truly ligament and you get a great deal.

I figure 50% off is fair for sale of used goods. Much mire than that just wait for store sale.
Depends on the brand and model of optic.

Top tier optics hold their values pretty well.

If you buy an ATACR at retail, you'll get way more than 50% if you sell it in good used condition.

Have a chance to buy a 7x35x56. ACATAR F1...model C569. Guy will meet in person. Ya'all ever hear of a fake nightforce before I make a drive? Should weigh a ton, and the glass alone should give it away or not, but thought I'd ask. Wants $1500...

Any thoughts appreciated.
Give Nightforce a quick call they should know if any fakes are around, or... it's stolen or... divorce perhaps.

PS Oh and ask for a Bill of sale hand written does not matter and check their drivers lic. for their name. Worse yet you make the deal and as you drive off someone reports it stolen by your description. NO not paranoid however I try to learn from others experiences.🤷‍♂️

Beware. This could be a set up for a robbery. Take a BIG friend and both be packing. The "seller" may pull a gun instead of a scope and demand your money. Better to be safe than sorry.
Exactly, my question is with a price like that why wouldn't they sell it online. That price to me is the bait and your $1500 is the robbery...maybe. I'd be real careful, check serial #, ask alot of questions and if meeting I'd do as others suggested do it in a police parking lot.

Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 F1 ZeroStop .250 MOA Illum PTL MOAR C569

It's a $3,600.00 scope NEW. Can't see how he is selling for $2,100.00 less. It is either a deal of the century or a scam.
Vegas 777 What site did you see the post for this scope one? This post is getting really long without not any real information about Vegas777 contacting the seller and getting responses. We just hope that Vegas777 gets a real GREAT deal and not unlucky to get scammed. There are always good deals out there, but some are sheep in wolves clothing. Good luck to all when purchasing anything on the net. We have had GREAT luck on this LRH Forum. Everyone we dealt with were very professional and we also made many friends. Hope this is the same for Vegas777.