Fair day today

ENCORE

Although the wind was blowing like crazy, at least it wasn't a total cross wind today. With our firearms season opening up this Thursday, I decided I should foul up the barrel on ol' "Bad Medicine", my Pro Hunter, then load it up for the hunt.

I always post two targets and shoot at least two fouling shots, then switch over to the second target. My plan wasn't to have a "session", but rather to foul the barrel and just shoot a group at the other target and call it quits.

Everyone's at their camps right now so, I couldn't set up the 200yd range today. We have a week between the regular firearms season and the beginning of the muzz season. The camps will be empty then, so we'll get some longer range shoot'n in.

As hard as the wind was blowing today, the 3 shot group came out pretty darn good for an old guy.

Attachments

• 100_3960.jpg
    100_3960.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_3962.jpg
    100_3962.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 90
I noticed you said you fire atleast 2 fouling shots, mine seems to really tighten up around 5 or 6 shots.

Without fail, this is what every first and second shot will look like. It worked the same but not identical, with the Encores that I've also had. It wouldn't be a problem on game at 100yds but, at 200yds I wouldn't take a shot without it fouled.

Attachments

• 10-2-11.jpg
    10-2-11.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 90
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts