Factory Ultralight rifle options?

Those are sexy. That one and the one with the McMillan Game Warden. They're listed as 2023 Shot Show specials. Historically, the Shot Show specials have been hard to track down (at least for me). Sometimes become standard production models the next year.
Might be difficult to track down. I just looked at what the OP wanted and offered the link. I got my wife a XBolt Micro Midas. It's a handy little gun and recoil is tame for 7lbs all up. No threaded barrel so not really something to offer as a suggestion.

I wanted to buy my daughter one of these but she's a lefty...
For what it's worth, I shoot righty or lefty and it's no bigga deal with a bit of practice to work the bolt with either hand off the right side.

May not help but it's there for ya if you wish to have her try.

I wanted to buy my daughter one of these but she's a lefty...
Both, the .243 Win and 6.5 Creedmoor, ARE available, in Left Handed,.. Tikka's !
My 13 y/o Grandson, has killed Two NICE, Idaho Bucks with, his ( was, Mine ) .243 Win and, 87 grain, H-VLD, Bergers @ 3,100 FPS.
One, a 3 x 4 and the One he got this year is, a Huge, 30+ inch, 4 x 5 !
He practices on, 10" Steel Plates to, 400 yds with, 87 V-Maxes

Last edited:
Curious here but I take it you're backpacking in Montana? Hope you don't mind me asking but what general area and for what game?

CA Scout or Mesa, the Scout with a suppressor would be a great handy rig, barrel is 16", personally I'd go 308 and shoot 125-130s.