Factory Stock Bedding:DIY or Professional Gunsmith

Antler24

Hey guys I'm new here just looking for some opinions. I'm looking at picking up a Tikka T3 Tactical in .223 for predator hunting and target. I'm wondering your guys opinions on wether to bed the factory stock myself, or pay a professional gunsmith to do it. I've never done any custom work before. I love the look of the factory stock so I don't want to change it out.

Looking at those pics I don't think I'd be comfortable bedding my own stock. I think if I get the rifle I'll have a professional gunsmith do the work for me. Thanks for the links though. Great help!

As it appears to be a synthetic (aka plastic aka "Tupperware") stock it's not easy for anyone to bed it. It may be a waste of time and money.

Good luck with your rifle!

Do Not even begin to mess with the plastic shell stocks, A complete waste of time and effort. You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear!!! I think they are worst things to come out of the factory built rifle business to date, You can only build something so cheap and still have it function. These things prove without a doubt that the bean counters are running these companies, as a true shooter or rifle crank would not tolerate the excrement that these things represent.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.