Factory second rifles

hopperdamage

I just purchased a factory second rifle. I did not even know it was a second untill the salesman brought out the box and pointed it out. I was wondering why the price on this new rifle was listed way under MSRP. MSRP on the makers web site was $1334. On a a Gun broker web site I found new rifles models very close to it starting at $950, actually my rifle was a more expensive version vs the gun broker guns. My gun is stainless vs the broker guns being blued. This gun was marked at $709 at the store, then they clearanced it down to $600, they also had a 10% reduction in the price of all clearance guns in stock, so I paid $540 plus tax for a $1334 rifle. Sounds pretty good. After I found out that it was a factory second I did a closer inspection and did find some minor things. Speckles of white on the black composite stock and some slight dis-coloring on some of the metal, most notable is the trigger guard area, no big deal. I've bought quite a few guns in the past and never heard of a factory second guns before. The salesman informed me that several manufacturer put out seconds, but the performance and and function is guaranted the same as any other product. He said that the "high end manufactures" put out seconds, that their seconds could compare to the other manufacturers standard product. I did do my home work before the purchase and checked this web site to insure that this was a excellent choice. Seems like everyone on this web site thinks this is the brand to go with. Anyone else own a factory second, or have experience with them, heard of them?? Thanks for any info or comments.

Well, what brand is it? What model and extras? I personally have never seen or bought a "second rifle."

Pics?

Kyle

[ QUOTE ]
Well, what brand is it? What model and extras? I personally have never seen or bought a "second rifle."

Pics?

No Pics...I have a hard enough time just using my computer, let alone taking the wifes camera and figuring out how to post a picture. Weatherby has a nice web site with good pictures.

It's a Weatherby Mark V FiberMark stainless in 22-250. It seems like people either really like or hate Weatherbys on this message board. The price was right and I needed a 22-250. This is my first Weatherby rifle. I also ride motorcycles and noted that on one of the messages regarding Weatherby rifles that the person compared Weathery's to Harley Davidson motorcycles in that they are over priced and under perform. All show and no go. I owned a Harley for several years, but got over it. I liked the bike, but they are over rated. Now I ride a couple of old Suzuki GS's (UJM from the late 70's, early 80's). I'm quite happy with them. I've paid way less for both of them that some dudes spend for chrome stuff to bolt on to the Harley. That's all right though. I spend way too much on guns and shooting! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kyle

[/ QUOTE ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.