Factory rifle

SamuelBerryhill308

Hello all I have been shopping around and looking at different caliber rifles and I'm looking for some factor rifle options in 280ai I've searched on line but it ain't helping much and would like to get some help thanks

Benefit Custom Rifle Raffle

The rifle is a Custom 280 AI (Sami) it is built on a Remington 700 action blueprinted with a spiral fluted bolt, PTG oversized flat ground recoil lug, Douglas air-gauged barrel, sporter contour with 1-9" twist 26" long. The stock is a McMillan BDL stock that has been hydro dipped in viper camo. The barreled action is cerakote burnt bronze and the bolt is graphite black. The barreled action is bedded into the stock and The rifle is brand new test fired only.

I donated this custom rifle to the Yellowstone Bible Camp to raise funds for a new septic system so that the camp can accommodate more kids each week. The camp is maxed out and can't accept any more people until the septic system is overhauled. I really believe in the good that the camp does for kids and families and want to see the camp continue to grow.

The raffle is simple, there are a total of 500 tickets, each ticket is $25 or you can buy 5 tickets for $100. The raffle will run till the last ticket is sold. The winner must be legally able to own a firearm and will need to receive shipment through an FFL dealer of his choice. You are responsible for knowing the laws in your area and whether or not you can participate in this raffle. I will receive payment by check, money order, or Venmo. Please contact me through private message before sending any funds. When I receive your payment I will respond with your ticket number or numbers (1-500). The drawing will be done by cell phone electronic random number generator, filmed and posted on line. The winning number will be announced and the winning person identified. It is the responsibility of the winner to understand the laws in their area and follow those laws whether they pertain to receiving firearms or taxes on winnings etc...

Any questions please contact Tim King 605-645-1517

You could always buy a couple of tickets for the raffle and win a custom 280AI, and benefit a good cause.

If you can find you a used Savage 110 style long action rifle reasonable get it and then get you a good pre-fit barrel and screw it on yourself. The tools don't cost that much and YouTube will show you how. You can do the same with Rem. 700 with a Remage set up but factory Rem. barrels are sometimes VERY HARD to remove unless you have a good barrel vice and action wrench for them.

If you can find you a used Savage 110 style long action rifle reasonable get it and then get you a good pre-fit barrel and screw it on yourself. The tools don't cost that much and YouTube will show you how. You can do the same with Rem. 700 with a Remage set up but factory Rem. barrels are sometimes VERY HARD to remove unless you have a good barrel vice and action wrench for them.
I've been looking into that as well just not sure of who all makes pre-fit barrels

The savage back country or the new savage ultralite with a proof CF barrel both come in 280AI and are around $1k. Christensen Arms Mesa is another one.
I thank I've looked at those and I do really like the Christensen arms mess those are nise and theres a dealer right up the road from my house

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.