factory rifle decision

All my hunting rifles are Win M70 CRF or Weatherby Mark V. I do not have a single rifle that does not shoot .75MOA or better. I have no experience or opinion for the ones you listed.

Another brand war has been declared. Competition is a good thing. But it doesn't seem to matter much anymore what a rifle model's track record is. People keep buying poor products when there are better choices out there. The funny thing is that they run right past better rifles in their hurry to purchase a more expensive one in the belief that more expensive is always going to be better. Some are hoping a more expensive rifle will make them a better marksman.
That said, I have not heard many dissatisfied Seekins Havak owners.
I have never heard a dissatisfied JP Sauer und Sohn owner.

Last edited:
I completely understand the comments about every manufacturer can have a problem rifle slip out the door. The frequency of these issues and the response to resolving a problem are the important things to consider. The regrets I have personally had when purchasing a factory rifle would have been resolved if I did my homework and listed the things that were important prior to handing over my hard earned money. Your requirements may be different than others. Things such as barrel twist, weight, magazine length, fit and feel, and aesthetics can help narrow down your options and avoid possible future regrets.

Well for me, HMR-PRO Baurga in 300 WM target was a Small bore reduced for shooting @50'. Shot @100 Yds. 3 shots per
less than 100 rds out as was breaking in! Only better now!👍🇱🇷

Attachments

• 3BA58898-F30A-45F6-9ED4-843E8B155B6E.jpeg
    3BA58898-F30A-45F6-9ED4-843E8B155B6E.jpeg
    573.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 5A0D2860-3445-43D8-AEC9-2EEB7ABB55F8.jpeg
    5A0D2860-3445-43D8-AEC9-2EEB7ABB55F8.jpeg
    486.4 KB · Views: 61
I completely understand the comments about every manufacturer can have a problem rifle slip out the door. The frequency of these issues and the response to resolving a problem are the important things to consider. The regrets I have personally had when purchasing a factory rifle would have been resolved if I did my homework and listed the things that were important prior to handing over my hard earned money. Your requirements may be different than others. Things such as barrel twist, weight, magazine length, fit and feel, and aesthetics can help narrow down your options and avoid possible future regrets.
I agree with you on how to choose a factory rifle.
First I think on the most part todays factory rifle will shoot 1 moa to 1.5 moa with good reloading practices.
I would make a pro/con list to narrow my choices down based on your aforementioned criteria.

I've got many various brands and my favorite is SAKO 85...I have three, they're all excellent. I also have Sauer 90, Weatherby, Browning A&X bolt, Ruger 77MKII, 2 Fierce customs and a Dury's custom and Browning & Berretta Shotguns. They all shoot great but the SAKOs lead the pack.

I can only say this, when I picked up the Waypoint I didn't want to put it down. If it was a lefty I might not have and just asked forgiveness from the house budget committee. I personally do not like the look of the Seekins Stock.

I considered the havak and waypoint. Ordered a waypoint then ended up getting to go to a scheels and handle both before it arrived. The following comments are very subjective and only based on picking up a couple guns in a store. I was more impressed with the way the havak felt than I thought I would be. For a steel barrel rifle it is very light and balances well. Once the waypoint arrived I was very pleased with how it felt and handled too. Accuracy wise I've only begun to break in the Waypoint but I am in no way disappointed (getting used to the light barrel is a curve most everything I have has some mass, I hunt Texas 99.9 % of the time). This is a 6.5 PRC. When I buy a 7 PRC I will look at the Havak again.