factory rifle decision

Nickwild

Im looking for opinions on these factory rifles and which ONE I should buy. it will be used for multiple applications.

Springfield waypoint (cf)

seekins havak element

CA mpr (yes I realize its a cringy hit or miss but they're "supposed to be pretty good"

browning x bolt pro

Im looking for opinions on these factory rifles and which ONE I should buy. it will be used for multiple applications.

seekins havak element

CA mpr (yes I realize its a cringy hit or miss but they're "supposed to be pretty good"

browning x bolt pro
Prepare yourself to be inundated with personal opinions.

seekins havak element

browning x bolt pro
CA makes thousands of rifles, you only hear of a small number of loud people complaining on a forum. I've bought three of them. There all excellent. A mesa and two Ridgelines. I've had Remington, a Browning and CZ I've had to send back to be worked on over the years. Not to mention several pistols. Every gun maker has problem children. And employees that are anxious to get home on Friday afternoon. I have no issues whatsoever with CA. That being said I only know of one gun maker I'd consider bullet proof. JP Sauer.

Last edited:
Have you given any thought to doing a remage on a 700? I just did one for my son. Super easy. Get whatever stock you want and several barrel companies doing prefits including carbons. If you want to spend more origin makes an action for savage small shank. Just a thought.

Factory rifles today are all pretty amazing in general and everyone has a preference mine are Tikka,Bergara,Sako,Seekins and I'll take a Savage over the new Browning X- bolt or Winchester XPR.
On a side note I'm a fan of the prefit set ups wheather it's a shoulder fit or a nut. I've done 7 of the all with barrel nuts from X-Caliber. 2 Tikka's,3 Remington's, and 2 Savage's and all shoot quite well

All of my x bolts have been great rifles 1/2 MOA or better, only thing that sucks on them is the triggers are heavy. I've changed mine out for Timneys and really like those rifles however mine are x bolt speeds or long ranges as I'm not sure the pro holds that level of extra value in the price over the regular speed or long range.

All of my x bolts have been great rifles 1/2 MOA or better, only thing that sucks on them is the triggers are heavy. I've changed mine out for Timneys and really like those rifles however mine are x bolt speeds or long ranges as I'm not sure the pro holds that level of extra value in the price over the regular speed or long range.
Agree on the trigger and did replace it with a Timney and it did help. But for the price of a Browning I'm not that impressed. I've bought new Tikka rifle bought the prefit barrel and a new stock and go gauge for near the same price as a Hells Canyon and have a better shooting rifle