Factory Lead Free 6.5 Creedmoor round?

ssssnake529

Looking for a good factory round in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Lead free bullet with a high BC and good terminal performance.

I normally reload, but I just switched to lead free, and I'm not going to have time to work up a hand load before an upcoming Javelina hunt.

So, recommendations on a good factory option would be appreciated.

I'd give the Barnes Vortex ammo a whirl. I handload, but two years ago, both my jobs kept me from getting to my bench, so I bought some of the Barnes ammo, in 25.06. It shoots great, and killed ever thing I aimed it at. I also use Barnes components as well, so either way, you can't go wrong. Give them a try, you won't be sorry.

Looking for a good factory round in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Lead free bullet with a high BC and good terminal performance.

I normally reload, but I just switched to lead free, and I'm not going to have time to work up a hand load before an upcoming Javelina hunt.

So, recommendations on a good factory option would be appreciated.

Just a side note, Barnes loads for the creed! They are offering a 100TTSX, and I believe they also have a 127 LRX. I'm sure both are deadly, and I'll bet the 100 grainer will surprise you.
Also, maybe, give the Hornady GMX, a try. Good luck with your choice. To me, its the Barnes, hands down.

Thanks for the replies. It's javalina hunting, so I am very unlikely to have to shoot long range. If you can spot a javalina, stalking to get up close isn't difficult. Guessing that most factory rounds will work in my gun for 100 yards or so.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts