Factory guns

PaDeerHunter...Nice shooting...Thats hard to balieve gun shoots that well, if you ever get tired of it,i'll buy it it!! Try out to 300yds,...A.What scope are you useing?...B.Ammo?...C.How far due you concider long range hunting?...D.How far can you shoot at deer?...Get back to board...Will go from there...Should start cataloging ammo,groups and distances and weather conditions when ever possible.

A. leupold vari-X III 3.5-10x40mm
B. 162 bullet with IMR 7828
C. Id like to be able to shoot 600 yds
D. I shot a doe at a little over 400 yds this year. I was comfortable doing it so i think i could shoot farther, probally like 600 or so, I think that is about as far as I'll be able to shoot where i hunt.

Oh yeah, the deer i shot this year was with my dads rifle, its a model 70 .300 weatherby(its not a long range gun) Its zeroed at 300 yds, with a 200 grain partition. I shot the deer at 400 yard with a 180 grain ballistic tip, I was laying down on a flat rock and i just held right on and shot

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts