Factory charge weight for 3006

Just out of curiosity mainly, I know factory powder ain't the same for reloads.
I've pulled federal , Remington and winchester ammo and it was all spherical powder, but I didn't have or have a scale yet.
I was just wondering if anyone else has done this ?
I can tell that the 150 gr. 3006 by anyone is not a compressed load .

Ill see if i have a rem coreloc and pull it. I know for sure i have a superfornance sst i can pull, if that helps.

Thanks , but I wouldn't want you to waste your
ammo on my account !
If you do pull one , many many thanks !!!!!

No worries, I haven't shot factory ammo in alone time, only maybe to zero a scope or fouling shots. I weighed a Fed. Fusion 150 and it weighed 50gr of what ever powder they use.

Winchester uses 760 in 06 loads IMR 4895 was used for the 152gn M2 ball ammo. After that IDK. Good luck

Thanks Gohring I really appreciate that , was it a spherical powder ?
That fusion is a speer bullet.

Does shooting a copper jacket for fouling and then shooting a gilding copper jacket make a difference when checking and zeroing ?

It is a extruded stick powder. As for the fouling, i don't think it would make alot of difference, i think all copper jackets are a gilded metal alloy, so solid copper and a jacketed bullet in theory, should be the same..

the greek ammo i shot in my garand had 51.7 of a ball powder that looked like 760. i shoots real good out of several garands.

I have found that shooting Bergers and then shooting Barnes through the same rifle without stripping ALL the copper out made a big difference. Meaning the rifle went from shooting very well to very "loose" groups.

I wouldn't mix them if you are trying to zero for one or the other...

Shane

Mixing brands of bullets that don't have the same jacket material or the same type of powder should be cleaned thoroughly. Different types of jackets or all copper vs a jacketed alloy (95%copper 5%zinc) can take time to stabilize with less than optimum results on target. Same for powder different brands can cause major headaches even if both loads shoot to the same zero when shot from a clean rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.