Facebook and selling firearms

Waynzee

So, does anybody know if Facebook can legally block you from selling firearms in their market place?

Haven't seen any firearms for sale on FB here in Az. I have seen components only for sale though. The only site we could buy and sell here was Backpage, but the site was shut down due to shady sexual ads. I have a couple rifles to sell and no local outlets.

They will ban you from using your account if you sell firearms. Usually just a few days but then 30, and then they threaten a permanent ban.

I was banned for a political post, then banned again for selling a rifle scope. I would probably be permanently banned if I sold a gun. They flagged my account, and watch everything I do.

I was banned for a political post, then banned again for selling a rifle scope. I would probably be permanently banned if I sold a gun. They flagged my account, and watch everything I do.
I will probably be banned over this too I keep posting a rifle for sale, and they keep sending me a message that there was an error with my posting. (Love the challenge)

I am an FFL and have a facebook page for my business which by their guidelines was just fine when I set up the page. A few months ago I started getting banned from facebook every once in a while for posting guns directly on my business page. However, if I post a gun on armslist or gunbroker and just share the link on my page it doesn't seem to create a problem.

Even when I could post directly on my business page I would get hammered if I "shared" a link to my page through my personal account.

The last time I got a 30 day ban (just got done with it about a week ago :) ) I got nailed because I asked in a Ruger M77 forum if anyone had a 77/357 they "wanted to discuss".

Never was, never will be on Facebook.
I go on there cause my relatives are on and I can converse with them. But I got a notion a while ago to try and sell a rifle on there even though their policy doesn't allow it. Like I stated before,, love the challenge and maybe they would kick me off there it sure as hell wouldn't break my heart. lol.

I go on there cause my relatives are on and I can converse with them. But I got a notion a while ago to try and sell a rifle on there even though their policy doesn't allow it. Like I stated before,, love the challenge and maybe they would kick me off there it sure as hell wouldn't break my heart. lol.

Same here! I filter what I want to see and don't sweat things unnecessarily.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.