F-TR and memberships

Discussion in 'Long Range Competition' started by Tantor, Sep 26, 2013.

  1. Tantor

    Tantor New Member

    Jul 27, 2013
    I've been looking and can't seem to find where you sign up to become a member, to get NRA marksmanship points, in F-TR class shoots. I know this is a subcategory of Fclass so can someone point me in the right direction please. Thanks
    Plus I read on another site that some shooters will practice with a .22lr at 100-200 yards using modified targets. Anyone else do this kind of training? It seemed to make sense due to cost. I have the Savage mark II fv for this kind of practice and Savage 10fp-sr .308 for actual LR shooting. Both with acutrigger so it would be very similar.
    Any thoughts?
  2. htrebor

    htrebor Member

    Mar 23, 2013
    There is no F class membership. You only need to be a NRA member. When you shoot a match you will give your NRA membership number and the match director will send your scores to the NRA. After you have shot 120 shots for record the NRA will send you a card with your classification.

    I practice with a 22 at 100 yards. I believe it has helped me learn to pick up on changing wind conditions.
  3. Canadian Bushman

    Canadian Bushman Well-Known Member

    Jan 24, 2012
    I dont even think you need to be an nra member. Just show up and shoot. If the events are nra sanctioned, then your scores will be recorded and you will eventually recieve a classification.