• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED F/S Semi-custom 6x47 Lapua

Greywolf18

Back in 2012 I had this rifle built by Jim See when he still had Center Shot Rifles. This was going to be a long range varmint rifle. Unfortunately, several deployments, and 2 kids have taken over my time and I was never able to do anything with it. I'd rather someone have this rifle and shoot it rather than it continue to sit in the back of the safe because I don't have time to do any kind of load development. Here is the specs:

Remington 700 blueprinted 6x47 Lapua
26" brux barrel, MTU contour
CSR muzzle break (this beast recoils like a 22LR!)
CSR laminate stock with adj cheek
Timney trigger
TPS 20MOA rail
TPS rings (lapped and mounted)
Scope level (don't remember brand)
Bolt fluted by straight shot
Bolt handle by Phoenix
Vortex PST 6-24 FFP Mil/Mil
cerakote rifle/stock

Comes with :
pelican 1750, I custom cut the foam inside
150 unfired brass, just under 50 fired (rifle shot 2x, once to get a fired piece to send to hornady to make a OAL piece which is included, and once for load development)
I can throw in some 87gr VMax and 80gr varmint ballistic tips if wanted

I have over $4000 invested, asking $3000 for everything shipped to your FFL

Pics:
63snAB

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156080806@N05/shares/63snAB

Hi Brian,
Nice looking rig... I have some questions on it.
What twist barrel?
I see a floor plate so I'm assuming a repeater. What is the max COL that will fit in the box?
Do you have a reamer print and is it a tight neck?
What trigger is in it?
Looks like you have everything listed except for dies. Do you have any that you would sell with the rifle and what kind are they?

Thanks.
Jay

Hi Brian,
Nice looking rig... I have some questions on it.

What twist barrel? Twist is 1:11 (built around 87gr vmax)

I see a floor plate so I'm assuming a repeater. What is the max COL that will fit in the box? Not sure, donor action was a 700 .308 varminter

Do you have a reamer print and is it a tight neck? I don't have the reamer and don't know if it was a tight neck. I found an email that he mentioned .095" freebore

What trigger is in it? Timney trigger set at 2-2.5lbs

Looks like you have everything listed except for dies. Do you have any that you would sell with the rifle and what kind are they? Yes, dies come with it. Dies are Forster ultra die set with micrometer on the seater.

Lemme know if you have any other questions! The 1 time I shot for groups I was getting 1/2MOA with BT's/R15 and @1/2MOA with VMax/Varget. I'm confident this rifle can get down in the 1/3 range with a good shooter and someone that has time to tinker with the loads, unfortunately I don't have the time.

Brian,
Thanks for the additional info. Unfortunately the barrel twist is not what I was looking for. Was hoping it was 1-8 or faster for shooting the heavies. This is a great package deal and otherwise I'd be all over it.
Good luck with the sale.
Jay

Yeah, if I buy it, it will turn into a rebarrel project. Not sure I need another project right now. I'm still developing loads for the last rifle I put together.

I've got too much time on my hands... OK, gotta ask. The bolt - what has been done to it besides fluting & knob? Has the firing pin been turned down and bushed, extractor - factory or Sako/AR, primary extraction timing fixed?
The action - Jim did a full blueprint? Recoil lug parallel ground, bolt raceway sized, barrel tenon faced and threads re-cut, bolt and action lugs trued?
Thanks.

I've got too much time on my hands... OK, gotta ask. The bolt - what has been done to it besides fluting & knob? Has the firing pin been turned down and bushed, extractor - factory or Sako/AR, primary extraction timing fixed?
The action - Jim did a full blueprint? Recoil lug parallel ground, bolt raceway sized, barrel tenon faced and threads re-cut, bolt and action lugs trued?
Thanks.

The bolt had the fluting and knob done, that's all I did to it besides Whatever Jim did during the blueprinting

The action had the full blueprint done to it.

I'm not sure what else was done to it by Jim. Reading nothing but good reviews about his work on here and talking to other people that had Rifles built by him, I took him at his word and his recommendations as I was/am still new to all this.