• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED F/S Custom Rem 700 6mmbr Built by Long Shot Rifles

dakor

I have a 6mmbr built by Chris Mathews when he owned and operated Long Shot Rifles that I am putting up for sale. I just re painted the HS precision stock in a white and black stone finish in fact I just sprayed the last clear coat on it the other night. I also Cerakoted the rifle last night in Aluminum Satin and I just re bedded the rifle with Devcon last week in this HS Stock.

The rifle is a Rem 700 BDL blued mid 90's Short Action that is Right handed and was blue printed by Chris. The barrel is a 30 inch stainless Light Palma contour Broughton 8 twist 5c. The rifle has a Holland recoil lug and is chambered with a .272 no turn neck and with .105 thousands freebore for the heavy bullets. The Factory trigger was adjusted to 2lbs and is nice and crisp. The rifle is also a repeater.

I had the rifle built in the spring of 2008 and right now it has 460 rounds through it and has not been shot much or used in any comps. I have 85 Lapua cases that have been fired 5 times that are included with the rifle. I put this rifle together for coyote hunting and it was coated in snow camo and that was the reason I re finished it. I ended up having back surgery in 2009 and it is just too heavy for me to carry since then. In the HS stock it will weigh roughly 12lbs. This rifle really shoots and likes 105 Berger VLD's and 107 matchkings. It pains me to sell it but I simply do not shoot it enough to keep it. I am putting this up on a couple other sites. I am asking $1700 shipped & Insured to your FFL but I am open to offers. Postal Money order is the payment method.

Here are the pictures below

6mmbr_Bedding.JPG

6br_11.JPG

6br_21.JPG

6br_12.JPG

6br_9.JPG

6br_7.JPG

6br_10.JPG

6br_6.JPG

6br_4.JPG

6mmbr_targets_1.jpg

I have a 300 wsm on a stiller action built by Chris. Bump for an excellent rifle.

Thanks. I want it gone so here is the bottom price. $1400 shipped and I will take a partial trade and the rest in postal money order if anyone has a not overpriced Rem 700 BDL Complete Short action that is right handed and in good shape.

I'll bump it just cuz CHris took 2000 bucks from me before he left and knew what he was doing.... ANything I can do to tell the truth!!!!
Hope you sell it