• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED F/S Brand new Kenetrek Mountain Guide boots

8 SNAKE

Selling a brand new pair of Kenetrek Mountain Guide 400 boots in size 9. I bought them earlier this year as a backup pair of boots to my other Kenetrek 400s, but they're just not going to be used any time soon. I removed the tags from the boots, but they have absolutely never been worn and are in 100% brand new condition in their original box. They come with a small sample container of Kenetrek boot wax that should be enough to coat the boots (boots have not been waxed yet). These seem to go for about $425, so I'll take a $75 hit and sell for $350 tyd. Paypal (as gift) or money order accepted for payment. Pics available upon request, but we all know what a brand new pair of Mountain Guides look like. Posted on multiple forums, so the first public "I'll take it!" posted in the thread wins.

Potential trades (+/- cash):

Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x40 CDS scope
Full body duck decoys
McMillan Edge for Remington SA Ti

Other trade options (+/- cash):

Sitka Ascent, Mountain or Timberline pants (34 or 36" waist)
Exped 9 Downmat (prefer wide version)
Stephenson Warmlite sleeping bag (70" version)

I'm not completely sure if size 9 will fit as I have not tried on the Kenetek boots previously. I may be able to get to a retailer next week to confirm sizing, but they only have the Moutian Extreme's in stock. I have been looking at the Mountain Extreme 400s, how do the Mountain Guide's compare, the look to be quite a bit heavier?

If they did not fit would you take them back? Are you firm at $325?

I have both the Mountain Extreme 400's and these Mountain Guides. I have never taken the Mountain Guides out into the field (since they're still brand new), but I find the fit to be very similar to the Mountain Extremes that I have hunted in. The Guides have a slightly stiffer sole, attachment points for crampons and 3.5mm leather (Extremes have 2.8mm). The Guides weigh 4.7 lbs and the Extremes weigh 4.2 lbs, so there is a weight difference for the added durability of the Guides.

I'm willing to sell the boots with the understanding that you can return them if the fit isn't satisfactory. They'll just need to be returned in the same, brand new condition (don't hike around in them outside) and you'd have to cover the shipping costs.

I will take $300, shipped to your door. If you want to send them back for a refund, you'd need to cover that shipping cost.

If you're able to try on the Mountain Extremes, I think they'd give you a very good idea of how the Guides will feel.

I will try to see how the Mountain Extreme's fit in the next few days and if the 9's work well then you will probably have a deal.

I know the boots are new, but can you send me some pictures and confirm what all is include (I think you said boot wax as well as the boots)? You can send to my email address at [email protected] so that we can contact each other directly.

Also, I haven't purchased anything through this site but have read the "advise for buyers and sellers" article. I would probably pay by money order, but would need to get your information first including address and phone number and details of the shipping (insurance and tracking) and timeframe for shipping once payment is received.

Thanks!

I will be happy to snap some pictures this evening and email them to you.

No problem with me providing the other information as well. I'm happy to provide it, along with references of people I have purchased from on this site and 24 hour campfire if you would like. I will ship immediately after payment is received and email confirmation/tracking information.

Thanks

Recent Posts