EZ Chronograph Set Up

FearNoWind

Whle I suspect many (perhaps most) forum members have seen this one I'd like to help it resurface for those who may have missed it. One of those "why didn't I think of that" moments:

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't every do it that way? I also add a 15' piece of paracord that I pull from my front bag. The cartridge style bore sighters are a better idea makes it impossible to blow your face off.

Doesn't every do it that way? ... The cartridge style bore sighters are a better idea makes it impossible to blow your face off.

From the feedback I got at the range this morning I'd have to say No, not every(one) do it that way. That be the reason for posting it. :D

I have to agree that, in the interest of safety, using the cartridge style bore sighter is a better idea. gun) - - - - - - - X

Also you can set the parallax at its shortest setting, and set the scope at the lowest setting. You can see the where the rifle will shoot. Your way is very good but checking with the scope is just a way to verify where the bullet will go, but remember sight height may be shooting 1.25 to 1.75 lower.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.