• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Extremely rare opportunity: NEW 338 Allen Magnum turn key rifle for sale

I'm with AJ on this one.

Mine is very similar to this one being discussed. Differences are my barrel is only 30" the scope is 56mm and no zero stop, I only purchased 100 fireformed cases (that was a dumb move! The hole down my barrel is a bit larger @ 3/8"

I did not even the slightest accounting when parts and pieces were purchased from various member here. T'was a bit of an eye opener to see that number. I really didn't 'think' is was that much.

If the wife ever saw that number, I'm toast!:)

I'll not be doin' that again.:D

:D lightbulb :cool: It was a mistake to let that secret out!!!! Hahahahaaaa..... LOL

Sweet ride right there! Lil bump

And Hello to my LRH guys! I havent been around in a while, Sorry yall missed me!

would the owner be willing to take a kidney in exchange for the rifle?? I just so happen to have an extra.. or maybe a lung? how about a leg?

WOW That is my DREAM rifle, if I didn't have a G/F I would get a loan and buy that rifle.
Tarey

Kirby,
may years ago I expressed the rifles and smiths the I would like to get them from. That's still true today but the economy instead of getting better, it's getting worst, so that's kind of severely limiting my dreams. I still believe your prices are more than fair and the quality of your work is second to none.
While there's life, there's hope. I'm thankful to my Lord because a buddy of mine, Civil Engineer, "geargrinder" using a savage action put together for me a 338 Edge which consistently shoots within half minute if I do my part.
Take care Kirby, great work you do!

Jpeaston,

I shot this rifle for groups at 1200 yards with the 265 gr TTSX, 300 gr SMK and 300 gr Berger Gen 2.

It preferred the 300 gr SMK the best shooting a couple sub 1/2 moa three shot groups. The 265 gr TTSX was **** near just as good, the Berger bullet ran in the 3/4 moa range. All more then adiquate for extreme range shooting and hunting.

Tested the Barnes 265 gr TTSX to see how it would expand at extreme range, at 1300 yards, the recovered bullets looked advertisement perfect with full mushrooms. Even more impressive was that at 500 yards, from three recovered bullets, only one had lost a petal and only one at that. Held together well. I would not think twice about punching a bullet elk from any range from around 300 out to 1300 yards with this rifle and expect good terminal performance.

Kirby; beautiful piece of craftsmanship? What would be the estimated number of rounds through the tube before it needs a rebarlel and at what cost? Just curious b/c I tend to shoot many rounds at range throughout the year. I liked the rifle to be an extension of me, to gain the greatest confidence.

Well i have been wanting one for a long time ever since you built my 338edge. I have a couple of good jobs coming in hopefully in the next week are so. If you still have it then and my job come in. i get with u and try to put this deal together. No waiting on one to be built is real nice as well

Calmshot,

800 to 1000 would be about max from what we are seeing if you take care of the bore and do not heat it up and keep shooting.

It would be about $1000 to rebarrel with a new fluted SS barrel and all machining and finish work to get you back up and running again. About what you would pay for many upper quality factory rifles....

Jeff 300,

Hope the edge is still treating you well.

Keep in touch, I was suspecting this rifle would have been gone by now so who knows, may still be around.

I think the biggest hang up with this sell is the large amount of ammo loaded with the 265 gr TTSX. Had they been loaded with the SMK I think it would be a none issue.

I'm trying to talk my dad into doing a joint venture on this. I still have alot of "selling" to do.

Kirby, with those loaded 265's how fast do the launch them at???

B23,

I will be honest, the load they are loaded up with is a relatively mild load simply because the owner wanted a load that would be comfortable in all situations. As such, I had to throttle back the load a bit to the 3450 fps level they are at now.

This rifle will break 3500 fps with this bullet if the load is developed where it will be used such as similiar temps and elevation. I have not done ALOT of BC testing with these 265 gr TTSX but from what I have done, it seems to be running in the 0.620 to 0.630 range. Certainly not the best in the world for long range ballistic performance but when you add the terminal performance and the ability to survive this launch speed on closer range impacts on big game, pretty impressive.

Because of the higher velocity, the trajectory is very similiar between the 265 and 300 gr SMK out to around 1200 yards.

Recent Posts