Extractor cut/Bolt?

Lonewolf74

I'm planning to order a new bolt for my Rem 700 from PT&G and have a couple questions.

First the inside diameter of my raceway is 1.0035 does that sound right?

Second I have an option for either Remington, Sako or M16 extractor cut, what is the difference between these extractor types? If I got the Sako or M16 cut would I have to find those parts to assemble the bolt? Would I be able to use parts from my Rem bolt if I got the Rem extractor cut?

Thanks in advance for any help.

A rem bolt should be .695 to maybe.701 but can vary you should measure with a pin gauge or the bushing that ptg makes right behind the locking Lugs and between the tang and the opening in the action those bolts are not a drop in part the head space needs to be set by some one with the knowledge to do so and would need head space gauges as far as the parts they can be transferred over but will probably ruin the extractor getting it out of your old bolt I prefer the m16 style because it is pinned in ptg should have these to not sure if this helps but good luck

Second I have an option for either Remington, Sako or M16 extractor cut, what is the difference between these extractor types?

Here is an article with photographs illustrating the types of extractors and the installation in a bolt. Read the entire article and examine the photographs.

https://rifleshooter.com/2016/02/installing-a-sako-extractor-in-a-remington-700-model-seven/

If you order from PT&G, they can supply the bolt with the cut of your choice as well as all the parts you need to create that extraction method in your rifle. Be aware that the bolt nose recess in the back of your barrel will need to opened up if you use the Sako or the M-16 extractor.

Regards.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.