Extraction problems. Gunsmiths?

I used a once fired case from that chamber and a full length resized case that had been fired in that chamber. The fired case requires a cleaning rod to remove, the FL resized is better but still has to be forced out.

OK, so as long as the brass you're using has NEVER been fired in a different chamber, then this approach is not correct. You can disregard the following. If it HAS been fired in another chamber, even though you FL sized it and successfully fired it in your current chamber, the approach is still valid.
Once a case has been expanded too much in one chamber, even though it is FL sized and successfully fired in a chamber of smaller diameter, there will be an extraction problem. This is due to to "memory" or decreased "springback" of the once stretched case.

A length of .087" is .0015" in diameter on a 222 chamber. Is your case rim real loose under the extractor? You don't want the issue to come back after a few firings on your new brass.

A length of .087" is .0015" in diameter on a 222 chamber. Is your case rim real loose under the extractor? You don't want the issue to come back after a few firings on your new brass.
Its not tight at all. Is that saying the primary extraction isnt working because the slop negates it? That would make a ton of sense.

Its not tight at all. Is that saying the primary extraction isnt working because the slop negates it? That would make a ton of sense.
If the bolt cams back .087" when you lift it, that's about as good as it's going to get. Any slop up front on the extractor will reduce how much the case moves back when the bolt is lifted.

I Have had this problem on a 223 Rem. The chamber reamer I used for a Bartlien barrel was worn at the case mouth area. Most factory ammo would feed but most reloads would stick. fixed by running a new reamer into the barrel to correct the tight lead area of barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.