external ballistics software

bucknutz

getting better at 500yds.want santa to bring an external program,looking at exbal.$70.00 for newest.anybody recomend others?.i reload,have crony and looking to graph trajectories for several calibers,and use click adjustments.want to shoot farther...

thank you for the post.i will check those sites later today.just need simple for now

I've been using a windoze thing called Point Blank. Was ok but..............

Found a spreadsheet thing at some Canadian think tank or somewhere. Seemed pretty good besides being free.

Use it pretty much exclusively.

do a google on ballisticsComputer.xls or go to www.snipersparadise.com/download/BallisticsComputer.xls

Tracked it down from a source on this forum but can't recall exactly where.

Can you supply a link. I'm sure it doesn't use a *real* DB either - I was using the computer science defn of DB. "Shoot V3" stores your loads in the registry - not a real DB.

It looks like if one could find this program, it runs only only hairy palm tops.

Code:

I tried to link it before, but the software here does not like the parens. :shrug:

copy paste and enjoy.

Yes, it only runs on palms, but there is a pocketPC version someplace on the net too. I dn't have a pocketPC or i would have more info for that version.

How much of a DB do you need? It keeps track of the rifle (zero range, and the atmospheric conditions at time of zero) and the loads (bullet diameter, MV, Ballistic Coeff.) what else do you want? it does NOT make pretty graphs showing your curve over distance...it does not create reports to tape to your stock. it DOES tell you where to aim at the time of the shot.

**** the double post...
rolleyes.gif

[ 12-06-2004: Message edited by: JasonB ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.