Extended range range finders

leaddog

What does everyone recommend for a range finder that will go out to 2,400-2500 yds? A gun that shoots that far is not of much use without accurate range info.:)

I've got an old beat up Wild that does OK for rangeing but needs a vertical reference point to be very effective. It is only 11x but the glass is first rate and only reads in meters. Rangeing something at 2200 meters is a whole lot easier than hiting it though and the Wild aint a pocket tool :D

Wild.JPG

machvcj.jpg

I was hoping for something that would be somehwat portable to take out in the field. And is there a outlet or used ones for the vectronics or the leica IV or MRF2000's they look to be what I am looking for.

Last edited:
I was hoping for something that would be somehwat portable to take out in the field. And is there a outlet or used ones for the vectronics or the leica IV or MRF2000's they look to be what I am looking for.

I have been researching long range---range finders as well. Im considering the Vectronix unit. It's $3,500 and you can order it here in the states (VA) I think. You can google Vectronix for the info. Let me know what you end up buying. I'd like to hear how it works out for you in the field.

kelly

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.