Extended magazine box for browning A=bolt

bassin93

Does anyone know of a replacement or modification on an a-bolt magazine as to get a longer seated cartridge. I have done a search using different wording and have come up empty handed. My buddy has an A-bolt in 300 win mag and the bullets have to be seated way into the case to get them into his mag, so much that they look funny. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jeff

Jeff, i had the same problem with mine and talked to my gunsmith about it when i had my barrel re-crowned. He suggested i buy a .375 magazine for it as it would allow a longer bullet than a .300 magazine. It worked perfectly!!! Hope this helps. Tim

You can also cut or grind out the front of the spacer block in the front of the magazine. I drilled out the rivets holding it in place and used a hacksaw to cut the front piece out, dressed the sides up with a file and epoxied them back in place. Justr another option.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.