Extended mag for rem 700 223 bdl

808mike

Has anyone modified a Remington 700 bdl 223 magazine to run a longer coal? Any suggestions would be appropriate

Looked around and Wyatt's Outdoor makes followers. You could check with them for a ready made one. That would make it super ez conversion.

Thanks blancoalex! Factory box has a 3/8 spacer. I was hoping to see if anyone cut it out and replaced it with a 3/16 spacer and had any feeding issues. I think original follower will work . Guess ill do some welding and find out.
Aloha Mike

My original idea was to use a 308win magazine box not the 223 one. The key would be to create or find a "long" 223 follower. I would contact Wyatt's to see if they could make the long follower.

May try this myself down the road.

I
My original idea was to use a 308win magazine box not the 223 one. The key would be to create or find a "long" 223 follower. I would contact Wyatt's to see if they could make the long follower.

May try this myself down the road.
I've never done it to a 700 but 2 model 70's with the spacer spot welded in. I drilled the spot welds out and tossed the spacer out. I never put any spacer back in place both rifles still feed flawlessly. One is a short action 22-250 and the other is a 270 wsm. Both controlled round feed 70's

Thanks for the reply Coldfinger! I ended up cutting out spacer and spot welding in one 3/16 thick. Feeds well now .

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.