Explained flyers but how do I fix

You're Right!
I get worked up.
tbrice23,
Happens to all of us. Some days are better than others though. Just let the last shot go. Take a breath, relax, squeeeeeeze. Getting upset just raises your hear rate and gets that little voice going in your head and starts you thinking. Thinking bad. I have learned that you cant hit a baseball, golfball or a hockey puck well if you are thinking about it. The conscious brain gets in the way. If its just a bad day. Pack it up and go home. Makes no sense to frustrate yourself and ingrain bad habits. Brian Enos and Lanny Bashhams books mention this conscious/unconscious battle. Good reads.

tbrice23,
Happens to all of us. Some days are better than others though. Just let the last shot go. Take a breath, relax, squeeeeeeze. Getting upset just raises your hear rate and gets that little voice going in your head and starts you thinking. Thinking bad. I have learned that you cant hit a baseball, golfball or a hockey puck well if you are thinking about it. The conscious brain gets in the way. If its just a bad day. Pack it up and go home. Makes no sense to frustrate yourself and ingrain bad habits. Brian Enos and Lanny Bashhams books mention this conscious/unconscious battle. Good reads.
Either that or have someone stab me in the neck with a syringe full of Xanax before the 5th shot. Lol.:rolleyes:

yes it can. Try shooting a 223 at long range. My node is only .3 grains wide. To the op, your problem is either case capacity differences, charge weight (2/10ths aint gonna cut it for serious long range work) or neck tension. If all 3 arn't right, you get fliers.

Well I certainly agree with you on all your points. .2 grains in a .223 at say 40 grains of powder is percentage wise much different than his rifle at 70 to 80 grains of powder.

Aright went out yesterday with a new approach which was f/;(() groups I went for consistant hits shooting off the bi-pods and hit everything I was aiming at from 300 to 913 dialing back to zero after every shot it was great I got some practice on a hog saddle too that thing was pretty cool. Good day for sure.

Morning, have u changed powders? I shoot a 300win. 78.5grs 4831sc, win brass, fed 215, 165gr sierra's and Rem. 180grs bronze pits shoot to the same hole. I neck size, until shows chambering is tight, then fl.. 10 shots .50 group. I have been shooting this load for years, never had a problem.

Wilson barrel 26.5 ss with vais mb. rem. left hand action, glass bed, H&S prec. stock. Nickel plated action, this is a tack driving demon.

T U M just countrylightbulb

SCOPE? Shooting a 24X scope now I realize that it's humanly impossible to see a .25 inch to .5 +/- from the pin on a target. Anything under (say) 18X scope your just fooling yourself.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts