Explain the need for a 28 Nosler

#1 Reason for the 28 Noz? It will clean a 7 Rem Mag chamber. The 27 Nosler is a superior design and would make a great .284 Cat that would easily make a 2.55" Case. If there were a box in every store of 7RM, 28NOZ, and next to it 7mm Dakota? I'd buy the Dakota every time given a Marketable price point.
Same here. When my brass or barrel is shot my 7 Dakota might get re-barreled to a 28 Nosler, but it would be for performance. I see a lot of people posting load info for 180 class bullets in their 28's and they aren't getting much more velocity and are burning around 10 grains more powder. I've only used 7828, 7977 and 8133 so far in my 7 Dakota and have good loads over 3100 with 175's and 168's. Over 3200 with 160's. Shot some Dakota factory 140's that shot pretty well even with my 8.25 twist at 3400.

I have 2# of 570 and 4# of R26 to play with yet too. It's been a great cartridge to play with and it has really gotten me interested in reloading and shooting again. Brass is the main negative against it.

Same here. I see a lot of people posting load info for 180 class bullets in their 28's and they aren't getting much more velocity and are burning around 10 grains more powder. I've only used 7828, 7977 and 8133 so far in my 7 Dakota and have good loads over 3100 with 175's and 168's. Over 3200 with 160's. Shot some Dakota factory 140's that shot pretty well even with my 8.25 twist at 3400.

Brass is the main negative against it.
I can form Dakota brass form 300 RUM. I just don't have all the particulars on how to get the Necks trimmed down right.

Great question. Don't have a very good answer .. because I wanted one lol. And mine shoots really well and kills very well. But my 300 wsm does as well lol.
That is a great answer,"because I wanted one". This very same thought process has caused me to spend many $$ that I shouldn't have, anything from new guns, fancy scopes and rangefinders, all the way up to a new diesel truck that I really did not need. Oh well, I always justify "In my mind anyway".

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.