Experiences Rebarreling Browning X-Bolt and Winchester Model 70 CRF

I'm looking at buying my next hunting rifle. I currently have a .270 Mossberg Patriot, so I'm looking to step up the cartridge to either a .300 PRC or a .325 WSM to "more adequately" deal with larger game. I like three-position safeties (or at least a two position that locks the bolt) due to personal experiences, so I'm looking at a Browning X-Bolt Western Hunter LR in .300 PRC or a Winchester Model 70 Extreme Weather SS in .325 WSM. I'm hesitant to go with the Browning because I have heard that there are issues with rebarreling Brownings (something about thread stripping being an issue). I have a similar concern with the Winchester, but more so that I'm unsure how many gunsmiths work on CRF M70s. I hope to not have to rebarrel frequently, but if I can't rebarrel even once, that may sway my decision away from those two platforms. Does anybody have any experience rebarreling either the X-Bolt or the M70 CRF?
I have two A-Bolts that have been rebarreled. The company I used would not do a stainless Browning because they said it is to soft of stainless.

I was going to suggest some other calibers and more traditional calibers but it seems I was beaten to the punch.
338 Win MAg with a fast twist barrel will fire lead free barnes and hammer slugs wonderfuly, 270 win will do the same thing with a fast twist barrel, for that matter the 300 win mag and the 300 H&H will do the same thing. Elk go down with many calibers. starting with 264 W/M and ending with 45-70. you choose your caliber and make ammo tailored to the game and the distance.

I was going to suggest some other calibers and more traditional calibers but it seems I was beaten to the punch.
338 Win MAg with a fast twist barrel will fire lead free barnes and hammer slugs wonderfuly, 270 win will do the same thing with a fast twist barrel, for that matter the 300 win mag and the 300 H&H will do the same thing. Elk go down with many calibers. starting with 264 W/M and ending with 45-70. you choose your caliber and make ammo tailored to the game and the distance.
I've researched all these cartridges and more, and I am pretty settled on these two, understanding that they have factory support limitations. If I could have it my way, I'd get the Browning straight from the factory in 30 Sherman Magnum, but instead I'm going to have to do that at a later point. Now I'm dreaming up a 8mm Sherman Magnum (just the 30 necked up to 8mm), just to be that much different. ;)

I have two questions for you and no ideas about what rifle you should choose> You moved TO California? What am I missing out on?
Got a job with a good company that has an Arizona office, but the first project was in California. Nobody wanted to take the job, so I took it as a resume booster and under the condition that I'd be able to transfer to the Arizona office after I finished. You're not missing out on anything. California is not the place for me. I might have a different opinion if I were living somewhere other than the very middle of the desert (closest Walmart is an hour away), but yeah...sometimes you gotta sacrifice for the future.

Got a job with a good company that has an Arizona office, but the first project was in California. Nobody wanted to take the job, so I took it as a resume booster and under the condition that I'd be able to transfer to the Arizona office after I finished. You're not missing out on anything. California is not the place for me. I might have a different opinion if I were living somewhere other than the very middle of the desert (closest Walmart is an hour away), but yeah...sometimes you gotta sacrifice for the future.
Sacrifice understood. That is a great reason to move to California. I was a little concerned that something had happened to California politics and that I should start planning my move. Thanks for reminding me that I am not ready to move out there an hour from my favorite Walmart.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.