Experience with Stocky's composite stocks

I have bought 3 of Thier stocks never had any problems with them for a mkv , but one thing I've used is the brownell steel bed kit on the heavy not con tour barrels and got excellent results with bedding blocks in them ] as for the newer stocks I've never used them

The unfinished LRC is a super deal, imo. I bought one, and although I took it off and replaced it with a Boyd's thumbhole for the weight savings, I couldn't find anything not to like , except the weight.
The boyds wound up being about the same money, but I pillar bedded it, so there was a little more work involved than the bedding job I did on the LRC. I didnt see any accuracy difference between the 2.

Has anyone used this stock:
Stocky's® Long Range Composite Stock (LRC™ Accublock®) - Remington 700™ - NEW Premium Finishes

I am working on a build and am ready to buy a stock, found this at a good price and want to know if anyone has any experience with this stock and how they like it.

The caliber will be 25-06. Whatever stock I go with, I plan to bed it before I put it to use.
I did a long range sheep rifle with this stock but ordered it from the Maker AG did a 300 win mag came out at 6 1/3 lbs they also have one with a adj check pc at 30 oz they have pillers so just bed and go all 4 rifles this winter got AG carbon fiber stock and proof carbon fiber barrels https://www.stockysstocks.com/stock...26-oz-carbon-fiber-classic-sporter-stock.html

Those stocks are alright, but the ones I've seen have a lot of flex in the forend when you shoot off of a bipod. I just finished trying to reinforce one for a guy, haven't tested it yet to see how it worked out.

If your talking about a bell carlson accumark bedding block I have never had one flex , the plane modeled ones I wouldn't hit bull in the butt with thier cheap and heat loving to flex

The profile looks like a Manners which I like, another good lightweight stock is Greyboe, I have one on my tactical rifle . It fit well and I bedded it as I do everything, even my MPA chassis. I will likely get a Greyboe Terrain for my old Remington 700 270 before this coming hunting season but at the sale price point I may try a Stocky's composite and save a hundred bucks. The earlier comment about the action being stress free is really important to get the most out of a rifle especially as temps and conditions change. Metal expands or contracts with temperature so any uneven pressure points have real influence in varying conditions. Most factory actions are not truly round or true so a v-block can add stress if all is not perfectly round, true and square and who's to say the v-block is square and true even if the action were. Proper bedding takes all of that out of the equation.

Has anyone used this stock:
Stocky's® Long Range Composite Stock (LRC™ Accublock®) - Remington 700™ - NEW Premium Finishes

I am working on a build and am ready to buy a stock, found this at a good price and want to know if anyone has any experience with this stock and how they like it.

The caliber will be 25-06. Whatever stock I go with, I plan to bed it before I put it to use.
I have multiple Stocky stocks and 2 McMillans and yes the McM's seem better but with a 2 to 3X price differential I really like the Stocky's

Once the 'smith finishes bedding them I find NO differences in accuracy as the guns shoot far better than I am capable of-

Only problem I ever had was with a Stocky's laminate that cracked at the wrist and that was replaced immediately without question by them .
Gunsmith even re-bedded it gratis (although it could have been because of the multiple thousands I had left in his bank account over the past decade-LOL)
Hope this helps
Gary

I bought a B&C Medalist Stock for an initial run Remington 700 BDL in 7mm RM that my Dad bought in 1962. It now belongs to my nephew. The stock was pretty beat up and the bluing was worn after 50 some years of Arizona hunting. I bedded the new stock with acra glass, had Craig's Custom Rifles Ceracote it in Coyote Brown, installed a Leupold Scope on it, then scrubbed the hell out of the bore. (Dad wasn't an advocate of regularly cleaning the Rifle and only shot a few rounds to verify zero, then go deer hunting each year). I loaded some Hornady 162 gr SSTs over IMR 4831 and R 22. The loads were amazingly accurate for a Rifle that will soon be 60 years old. It had never shot Groups that small before. My Nosler M48 Liberty has the exact same stock and is proven to be very accurate so far. So I had no hesitations about ordering the same stock for my own 7mm RM that I've given to my oldest son. The B&C Medalist is a great stock. My McMillan Game Warden is nice but for the money, the B&C is hard to beat.

Thanks for all the responses.. For the price it looks like the stockys may be hard to beat. Even if I pay to have it bedded it will run about what a b&c would cost and it sounds like I should expect similar accuracy.

Thanks for all the responses.. For the price it looks like the stockys may be hard to beat. Even if I pay to have it bedded it will run about what a b&c would cost and it sounds like I should expect similar accuracy.
You can make the LRC an even better deal by skim bedding it yourself. None of the extra prep work you would expect with a stock that doesnt have a full bedding block. It's easy to do . Just use a good release agent and make sure not to leave any "hooks" for the epoxy to run onto. Modeling clay works great for filling in areas you dont want the filler to go. It gives me a sense of pride to DIY that kind of stuff. Might even be fun for ya !

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.