Experience with Stocky's composite stocks

cburgin72

Has anyone used this stock:
Stocky's® Long Range Composite Stock (LRC™ Accublock®) - Remington 700™ - NEW Premium Finishes

I am working on a build and am ready to buy a stock, found this at a good price and want to know if anyone has any experience with this stock and how they like it.

The caliber will be 25-06. Whatever stock I go with, I plan to bed it before I put it to use.

Buddy of mine got one for his rem 700 7mm rem mag and had me do the bedding, stock seemed good though I did have to do a small amount of inletting to the bottom metal, the center web between the front and rear action screw was a little high, and causes the bdl bottom metal to rock back and fourth, so I used my dremel and removed about 1/16" and it sat flush, then I bedded the bottom metal and action. Feels good, and seems sturdy. At 3.7 lbs + bedding, it is certainly not a lightweight option though....but a great stock for the price if your not trying to save wieght.
20190313_221629.jpg
20190404_123852.jpg

Stocky's® Long Range Composite Stock (LRC™ Accublock®) - Remington 700™ - NEW Premium Finishes

I am working on a build and am ready to buy a stock, found this at a good price and want to know if anyone has any experience with this stock and how they like it.

The caliber will be 25-06. Whatever stock I go with, I plan to bed it before I put it to use.
I have this one on my 338/Edge and I love it! Well worth the money!

Tom

https://www.stockysstocks.com/stock...etition-remington-700-short-action-stock.html

These are fairly sturdy stocks, not light weight, sort of clunky but very shootable. Skim bedding is always a good idea since not every fit is perfect.

To get a more refined fit, finish and adjustability you have to go with the Big Guys like Manner and McMillan. But the price is substantially higher and the wait times are often trending towards 6 months on popular styles.

Stockys gets you with the shipping...

Thanks for the response guys. All are very helpful.

How would one of these compare performance wise with a Bell and Carlson? According to the websites the b&c will be a little lighter. Am I safe to assume the two are similar as far as most everything else goes?

To get a more refined fit, finish and adjustability you have to go with the Big Guys like Manner and McMillan.
I think this is something else too. I had to do a small amount of fitting, and there was still a substancial gap between the front of the bottom metal and the stock, between 1/16th and 1/8th inch. Nothing that a little bedding didn't fix, but the fit isn't that of a premier line stock, it's not very tight tolerance, seems like they leave it large so all rem 700's and all bdl bottom metals will go in, another reason I too recommend bedding.

I believe with shipping, he was right around $220 for that stock with the camo finish. I plan on using one for a heavy varmint rifle build, I will just get a non finished one and do the finish myself.

Sounds like as long as its bedded right, there shouldn't be any problems with it. I had a guy tell me that as long as you have a solid stock, a little bedding work will have it performing just as good as any other stock.

Good to hear that you are still planning to get one after working with the one for your buddy. Even at $220 to the door if I do the bedding and all myself it will still be cheaper than a bell and carlson which would still need bedding work done to it.

I went big and got a manners for my main rifle so I'm thinking of being a little more economical on this one even though it is my first full custom.

Cody you provided good insight about a month ago when I made a post asking about barrel options for the gun this stock will be for. I appreciate you sharing your experience and advice. It has been very helpful.

I purchased the smooth black stock because it was only $150. Overall very impressed for the price, definitely not a weight saver but very solid.
I had to remove the barrel channels completely to horseshoe a Proof Sendero in there, and was conserned with the slickness aswell, so I just hit it with some textured paint and fixed that.
20190621_070942.jpg

I purchased the smooth black stock because it was only $150. Overall very impressed for the price, definitely not a weight saver but very solid.
I had to remove the barrel channels completely to horseshoe a Proof Sendero in there, and was conserned with the slickness aswell, so I just hit it with some textured paint and fixed that.
View attachment 138658

The textured paint looks really good. I like that.
I have a brux #5 bull sporter for this rifle. I will need to see how that compares to the proof sendero. Not sure if I would need to work on the barrel channel or not with that contour.

How would one of these compare performance wise with a Bell and Carlson? According to the websites the b&c will be a little lighter. Am I safe to assume the two are similar as far as most everything else goes?

The B and C is a little lighter because of the materials used in the main stock. Aluminum is aluminum except that the chassis is longer in the B and C. There is a Stockys B and C model pointed out above which is adjustable which is nice but it will add weight.

Bedding eliminates the variables of getting the action in the center of the stock and it's evenly supported, STRESS-FREE. That's the key wording.

Mine got its base coat for the camo job today. I ordered a detachable mag system for it lastnight. So hopefully I'll get to hunt with it this week as I have 8 days off

The B and C is a little lighter because of the materials used in the main stock. Aluminum is aluminum except that the chassis is longer in the B and C. There is a Stockys B and C model pointed out above which is adjustable which is nice but it will add weight.

Bedding eliminates the variables of getting the action in the center of the stock and it's evenly supported, STRESS-FREE. That's the key wording.

Okay. Thanks! I saw that stockys B and C. That is a good looking stock. I'm wondering if I will be able to tell the difference between the B&C and Stockys if all of the necessary preparations are done on both. I'm thinking that aside from weight a sturdy stock is a sturdy stock when it comes time to shooting it.

Mine got its base coat for the camo job today. I ordered a detachable mag system for it lastnight. So hopefully I'll get to hunt with it this week as I have 8 days off

Awesome! Hopefully you can get out there with it. What will you be hunting for this time of year?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.