Experience with Scirocco bonded?

Ok, looks like it will be the AB. Thanks for all the help.
The Reg. .270, 140 gr. AB is, a "Hard" bullet ( I got, a small, poor, Mushroom ) and my Elk, walked around, for what seemed like, a couple of, Minutes !
I almost shot him, Twice ! My son said, "don't shoot again, dad, he's a goner " ! The shot was at about, 60 yards, sitting, Rifle over Sticks, "Boiler Room", just behind, the "Crease" and clipped the clavicle on opposite side at, 3,145 FPS from, a .270 WSM ( Impact Velocity, 3,100 approx ).
Personally, I'm switching to, Berger's but, I would HIGHLY recommend trying, the Hornady Interbond's, Nosler ABLR's ( as they ARE, a, softer Bullet ) , Sierra GKHP's or, plain old, NBT's ( since being, Re-Designed, they ARE a much, "tougher", Bullet, now ! ). All of, the one's mentioned, "usually" shoot VERY "well" in, most Rifles in, the 140 / 150 grain, persuasions. Hopefully, you have, better "Performance" with, the AB's than, I did.
Nothing wrong with, the NEWER,.. Sciroccos, either !

Last edited:
As stated, Sciroccos are softer and do like to jump. They create a devastating wound channel. In the couple I have recovered they had a very large frontal area that was open to about half the length of the bullet. Weight retention was about 65%, but both recovered bullets were frontal shots recovered from the hams of good sized whitetails. I have a great source for them and have a ton of them. If anybody needs any in 257, 6.5, or 270 to get started shoot me a PM

I'll let him know. He barely shoots it. Only uses it for kill shots. Lives in eastern Washington and has friends with those huge farms and he gets to pick which flavor

I run 180 gr Scirocco REM factory ammo through my 300 RUM and have bought more to reload with. One shot kill on Elk and four Muleys in Colorado out to 330yds. Not that this bullet/rifle combo is limited to that range by any means, that is just the opportunity that presented itself. Knock on wood, haven't had to track yet since this bullet stops them in their tracks.

Some of my hunting partners can't say the same. One year a buddy shot a Muley and we had been taking pictures for about 15 min when he laid the deer's head down and it got up and started running. He had to shoot it again. I would not believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eye!

i shoot them in my 25-06 and 338 Win. They're marvelous Bullets and do require a bunch of jump it seems to really perk but man, next to the old Bitterrpots they're an excellent bonded bullet. We've used the 7mm 150 on a few elk and they've been nothing but excellent.

I tried them in my 270 Bee, couldn't get them under 1.5MoA. I see the 130g is still the only weight they offer.
I run 150 ABLR, and will be going to the 165g ABLR when I get my barrel back from cryo treatment.
My old 1:10" twist barrel still shoots great, as it's a switch barrel, I can use the old or the new 1:9" twist to save on barrel life.

Cheers.