Experience with Scirocco bonded?

I'm currently trying to build up a load with the 130 Scirocco in my 6.5 PRC, tried them in my 300 WSM and for me their reputation of being finicky was earned. Have seen some excellent terminal results from them by buddies so I was willing to give them another try but they do seem to be a little hard to build a load for. I ended up going non-bonded in the WSM and built a .5 MOA load easily with the ELDX.

The ELDX is the one I'm leaving behind. Not that performance has been poor but the only results have been one coyote and three hogs in the 80 to 100 lb range. Worked fine on all even at close range but there are some negative reports on ELDX on close in elk.

Couldn't get Sciroccos to shoot in my 7 Rem mag, just not the accuracy I was looking for, but I think they're a good bullet. Reason I tried was because a good friend shoots them, and I've been impressed with the performance on elk. If you can find an accurate load I wouldn't hesitate to use…

My experience with them and ABLR's is they both like a jump. I shot the 180 Scirocco in my 300WSM at 2.880 and jump data escapes me but was more like a leap! I would start suggest starting near their COAL recommendation and extending from there. You might get surprised they shoot best at SAAMI or close to it.

Never shot elk with it but terminal performance on deer was excellent.

Scirocco II appear to be the softest bonded bullet I shot 2 muleys and an antelope with the 130 out of a 6.5-300 and results were impressive albeit more like a ballistic tip or traditional cup n core. Bang flops and absolute jello lungs & heart
One of the deer was perfect broadside at 275 yards and had lung tissue 10 yards behind him
The 150ab would get the nod from me if close shots were expected or challenging shot angles possible.

Scirocco perform, although finicky. I have taken a few animals with them, 150 GR in 280 REM.

Did exactly what they were supposed to. Pass through, good wound channel, quick kills.

I have since switched to Accubond due to not being as sensitive to slight load variation in powder. I did talk to Swift, and they suggested seating deeper as the bullet likes a jump. I still have some and then shoot well, but I know I need to get each round on the gnats @$$ for powder. I can't just run the powder thrower and check every 5-10 and make sure it's on.

If you can get them to shoot, they are a good bullet.

A friend recommended Hornady ELDX recently, as those shot better than AB in his rifle. I had no reason to switch. So still using the AB for hunting

I use 165 Grain Scirocco II in my 300 Win mag. Deadly Accurate. 1 shot one kill on a Doe last weekend. Dropped her in her tracks at about 60 yards. Never even knew what hit her.

Experience with 150 gr Scir in my brothers 300 Rum on deer was devastating, but dont recall explosions. He ran Rem factory ammo in 150s and 180s. Shot on a large bodied buck at 125 yds and bang flop, the Rum caused the dust to come off the hair in a cloud, very impressive watching thru binos.

I don't get the finicky bs. I shoot sciroccos in my 264 won mag, my 25-06, 257 Robert's, and 300 RCM, and they weren't any more fussy to get a load for than any other bullet, and I'd say less finicky than some. Weight retention is 80-90%, and terminal performance has been excellent. I do take sciroccos over accubonds every time I have the option.

I loaded some up for a friend that purchased a 270 wsm from my brother and he was really impressed with performance. I never see any in stock anywhere though.