Experience with Barnes match burner

rjfunk

Has anyone had experience with the Barnes match burner line of bullets. Looking at the 69 gr .224 bullets and just wondering how their quality control and tolerances are compared to the sierra matchking and/or bergers. Have they shot consistently in your gun? I realize every barrel is different, just wondering if I should even bother trying them. Looking for something that can each out to 800 yards out of my 9 twist for target and to 500 yards for coyote.

Has anyone had experience with the Barnes match burner line of bullets. Looking at the 69 gr .224 bullets and just wondering how their quality control and tolerances are compared to the sierra matchking and/or bergers. Have they shot consistently in your gun? I realize every barrel is different, just wondering if I should even bother trying them. Looking for something that can each out to 800 yards out of my 9 twist for target and to 500 yards for coyote.
Shooting the 171 grain in my 7mmstw. They shoot well, but are rather sensitive to powder charge for accuracy. I'll probably be re-working the load for that rifle this year.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.